1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nightshot

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by meles, Jan 21, 2005.

1. meles

meles
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone have practical experience of Sony's Nightshot Plus and Super Nightshot Plus systems? I am looking for a new cam and have lowered it down to a choice between the HC85 and the PC350. On paper, the PC350 should have better image quality, but it seems only to have standard Nightshot, where the HC85 has Nightshot Plus. This claims to allow colour filming in the dark. Does it work? I use ordinary nightshot a lot for wildlife filming (with an infra-red illuminator) and would like to be able to do it in colour if possible, but unfortunately, using these cams in the half-darkness of Tottenham Court Road does not really simulate using them in a wood at night. Can anyone help with experience of either cam? I have also heard that both are a little slow to start up (which is also bad news for wildlife filming). Are they any worse than other cams? Finally, does anyone know if Sony have any plans to launch the HC88 in Britain? It has been around for a while in Japan and would seem to be a higher-quality replacement for the HC85, so I might hang on for that if it is imminent.

2. meles

meles
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Still looking for an answer, but it has been suggested that Nightshot Plus only works where there is reasonable visible light. Can anyone confirm this?