1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nightshooting and New camera buying

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by emneild, Sep 23, 2003.

1. emneild

emneild

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello there, I am interested in buying my first camcorder. From the research I have done I want the following features:

mini-dv format,
    Dv-in/out,
    Analogue in,
    nightshot (0 lux),
    image stabiliser,
    (widescreen).

I have come to the conclusion that the Sony PC105 would be a sensible way forward.

What do you think of this camera?

Also is the Nightshot feature any good? Does it work? Is it true that you can buy an add-on so that it works better? Does it only work in still camera mode or does it work in camcorder mode as well?

Lots of questions I know, so thanks for you time.

Mark.

2. melliott1963

melliott1963

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I can't specifically answer in regards to the PC105, but I've had 3 Sony camcorders and can say that, assuming the nightshot on the PC105 is the same, then it is very good, as long as you don't mind greenish black and white pictures. This is because they use an infra red light source. It does work in camcorder mode (never tried it in still mode but assume it's the same). I don't know of any add on to make it better, but that's not to say there isn't one!