'NiGHTS into Dreams HD' confirmed for XBLA

New Start Neil

Distinguished Member
The remake features improved HD visuals and a 16:9 aspect ratio, as well as online leaderboards and support for achievements and trophies.

It appears to be based on the game's PlayStation 2 port, which was never released outside of Japan. The original unaltered Sega Saturn version will also be included with the remake for fans to also experience the game how it first appeared in 1996.

The announcement comes after the publisher released a teaser image earlier this week, hinting at a new NiGHTS announcement.

Sega has increasingly been dipping into its Dreamcast library to produce HD ports for Xbox Live Arcade, PlayStation Network and PC. Past HD releases have included Sonic Adventure, Crazy Taxi, Space Channel 5: Part 2, Sega Bass Fishing, with Jet Set Radio also coming up later this summer.

The publisher has hinted that ports of Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia could be on the way in the future.

NiGHTS into Dreams HD will, however, be the publisher's first HD remake of a Sega Saturn title. It carries a new Sega Heritage branding, which could be used for future Sega Saturn remakes.

NiGHTS into Dreams HD will be available on XBLA, PSN and PC this autumn.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/...-dreams-hd-confirmed-for-xbla-psn-and-pc.html

MWP1985

Absolutely one of my all-time favourite games. Hopefully Christmas NiGHTS will also make an appearance, even if it's DLC.

Just need Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia now. I doubt it'll happen but a remastered version of Burning Rangers would be the icing on the cake as well. It's easily one of the least played and most underappreciated games Sega have ever released.

vorn182

Burning Rangers! I had forgotten about that, one of the last games released in the uk for the Saturn, I was never completely sold on it but it was decent enough.

Panzer Dragoon Saga...now that's a game!

durera

The best thing about this news (and Guardian Heroes) is that they've developed a "HD re-release button" that works with Saturn games ... All three Panzer Dragoon games must surely be on the horizon. Saga is still my favourite game ever, the ending left me so upset (in a good way, not because it was a crap ending) -- I can't ever recall having such a strong emotional response to any video game, book or movie story.

turk3y

i have not completed saga, I own it but I think I had completed the "demo" first disk some time prior and possibly lost my saves due to internal battery and 3rd party memory card catastrophe and never picked it back up.... that was a great game tho even tho I think I preferred the frantic nature to zwei.

NMF

Had to add download at xbox.com error when trying to download on console.
These arcade and indie games are better value for money than full price release titles.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom