1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nightmare With Pixmania!!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by tim k, May 23, 2005.

1. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ordered a sp50 two weeks ago, was promised last thursday that it would be delivered tomorrow. i rung them this morning to confirm, they now say they have no stock and are not sure when its arriving. I MEAN HOW STUPID. how can they say its in stock and promise me a delivery day then it goes out of stock. After another call back they say they 'should' be receiving the tv today, and it may be shipped out. NOT GOOD. very bad customer service, and an absolute nightmare.

id stay well clear,

2. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,504
    I had that with my canon ixus 700. When I ordered it it was in stock and I paid for a fast delivery. It took over 10 days before it had arrived, as they claimed there was no stock. It also had a french manual and not a engilsh one. They were the cheapest online but I wish I had paid a bit more and got one from a company in the UK.

3. indie24

indie24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    hmm totally opposite experience from me. I ordered a sony v1 camera and it arrived within 3 days. good service and good price :thumbsup:

4. lochindaal

lochindaal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Always ahd a good experience with them myself.

They are France based so will send European branded goods rather than UK. This only seems to effect manuals and power cables. I've used them for a video camera and printer and got UK manuals as part of the European set.

Also had an 2pin-3pin adaptor plug in the box added in each time.

5. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm very angry, i have a severe case of the little child the night before christmas, and pixmania has been an utter scrooge. They are very unhelpful in the customer service department, no-one seems to know why my order wasnt shipped, or when they will have delivery.

what i do know.

1) i was told on thursday that i should expect delivery tuesday (2mo)

2) rang this morning, they say no order shipped, not in stock, sorry, call back in a few days

3) rang again, hassled the women who says they are -5 in stock, (i.e. they have 4 other poor people like myself who have spent their hardearnt for nothing but annoyance

4) they say to ring back by 5 to check if they received any stock

5) rung, no stock, ring back in a few days

WHAT SHOULD I DO!!! I'm sure it is illegal to show instock and promise delivery when this is far from the truth. I would cancel the order but it is the cheapest and going elsewhere will take more time and effort. I'm not a happy bunny.

6. meansizzler

meansizzler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +266
    Try Visiting there London based e-store, It's a bit tricky to locate, but it might help speaking to someone face to face...

7. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    I tried looking for the set on pixmania and they've removed it. I'm guessing 5 angry awaiting/customers had an affect. Bit unusual though...

8. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes i see they have removed it, i really hope they get my order in stock, if say they never get it back in stock what are my rights, can i sue?

9. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    rang today, they say they have no stock again, but they are waiting for stock from manufacturer, they say it could be 10 days before they know whats goin on. ANGRY.

10. indie24

indie24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    comet have them in stock :)

11. supermackem

supermackem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Can you not cancel and order from someone else. As it seem they are having a hard time getting stock.

12. AV Alan

AV Alan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have the same problem - ordered on Sunday fromPixmania. The reason I chose them were that they were the lowest price I could find from a retailer who had stock. I then got a call on Monday to say the item is out of stock (despite the fact it was still in stock on the web site) and they were unable to give a firm delivery date :eek: .

Acording to the guy on the phone (who was doing his best to be helpful) it seems as if Pixmania are not totally honest when it comes to whether items are in stock or not, especially on the higher priced items. I get the impression that they wait for customer orders, then place orders on the manufacturer.

I now have three options:
    1. Wait - its a pretty good price if it does eventually arrive
    2. Try and buy it elsewhere at a good price - any suggestions?
    3. Buy a different product - any suggestions?

Any help gratefully received!

Alan

13. DLPMaybe

DLPMaybe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    2. Costco. Good price excellent returns policy.

3. http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/416_121673.html

14. indie24

indie24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    nice toaster link hhmmmmm im hungry now bye :hiya:

15. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think its terrible pixmania can treat their customers like this, they can expect a Big fat angry letter from me after i receive the tv.

I would cancel and go elsewhere, but 1) costco dont do 0% finance 2) comet is £515 more expensive - at that price you could get the new pv500 panasonic hd ready plasma, which i would be very tempted to buy.

just have to wait for pixmania to sort there act out,

AV Alan - please keep in contact in this thread with updates of your order, im pestering customer services daily and will also keep this updated.

I wouldnt be so angry if I hadnt sold my pw6 plasma last week, now left with a 15" sammy Crt, NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

16. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,975
    Perhaps here we have a classic case of "you gets what you pays for" - in this case a level of service. Not that I, personally, would buy from Comet either. I suspect there are lots of other places with lower prices (perhaps not AS low) and half-decent service values and/or up to date websites.

17. Gregory

Gregory

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Ah - my dilema exactly. I am pretty sure that if I go for the lowest possible price (Pixmania, robertsons, empire or wherever) then I will have a risk of poor after-sales/delivery. However, if I pay more and go to someone like Comet ... I risk poor after sales as well (certainly had it on the two DLP's that went back - could have been currys though before I 'dis' Comet (they all blend into one for me). So, anyone any thoughts on which suppliers don't gouge the customers too badly, and have good service? Don't mind paying for it if I am actually paying for it!

Cheers

Greg

18. enigma1701

enigma1701

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +333
    I'm going to be popping into costco's on friday to collect a shiney new sammy 50". I was considering getting it from pixmania but after all the problems you guys are having I think I'm safer just getting it from costcos. I agree that its rubbish having to pay outright but at least you get the 3yr warranty and there customer service seems to be a lot better!

19. Rezillo

Rezillo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    On the 14th May I placed an order for a Yamaha amp which was shown as in stock within 10 days. At the end of last week it went to expected on the 23rd. On the 23rd, it went to expected on the 25th. Today, the site says more than ten days!

I've sent them a message to cancel my order - anyone know if they do this reliably?

John

20. DLPMaybe

DLPMaybe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    I have taken the plunge and purchased from costco. DLPmaybe no more. I can not recommend them enough. Purchased and delivered on the same day (delivery 30 quid). Happily watching the champs league final on the set.

21. enigma1701

enigma1701

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +333
    I thought you had to collect it from costcos, do all of them offer a delivery service?

22. DLPMaybe

DLPMaybe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Not sure about all of them. I went to Watford. It was a third party delivery company but Costco make it very easy. Costco recommended a company called Freight Mate. You just pay at the till. Fill in a form. Costco put the TV at a pick up point. You call the delivery company and they apparently usually deliver same day as long as the order is before 14:00. I called them at 12. Was at my house at 5. Excellent service in my opinion. Better than Comet, John Lewis etc.

I would imagine each Costco would have ties with a local delivery service. The service will probably vary though.

I am very cynical about delivery. I have had so many no shows that I now assume that things won’t arrive when companies say. To have a good experience is so unusual!

23. Rezillo

Rezillo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Re my little saga above - after mailing Pixmania to cancel my order if it wasn't dispatched within a day, my order status has gone from stock showing as "more than ten days" this morning to "dispatched" this evening!

John

24. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    WHAT REZILLO!!! Am i right in saying your tv has been dispatched, if i am right you only placed your order on sunday, and i have been waiting 2 weeks, and it still says out of stock. please confirm.

I am so angry, i also ordered the phillips 9000 hdmi dvd player and after saying that it would be dispatched yesterday it is now out of stock (more than 10 day) INFUUUUUUUUURIATED!!!

rezillo please get back to me if you receive tv.

25. DLPhopefull

DLPhopefull
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    tim K I think Rezillo is talking about the above

26. Rezillo

Rezillo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Yep - just shows their stock levels don't appear to mean much. I'll believe it when the amp actually turns up, though!

John

27. AV Alan

AV Alan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure if this will help or not but I emailed saying that unless they can guarantee delivery in 2 weeks then please cancel the order - just received an email confirming my refund.

I had noticed that the product had vanished from the pixmania website, but today its back again - I have just called the number on the top of the page and was told that they are expecting it back in stock today - I dont really believe them, but based on that I tried ordering again.

Why did I order again? Well firstly its a good price £1757 + £6 delivery, but secondly you can use a voucher code from pricerunner which gives you another £70 off taking the price + delivery down to £1693. At that price I am prepared to wait for a while - if a better offer comes along before they deliver I can always cancel again.

Alan

PS Offer code is Priceuk050508 as found on pricerunner.co.uk

28. Rezillo

Rezillo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Well, I believe - it arrrived this morning!

John

29. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    still no sign of stock, still cant believe they show in stock on web, absolutely apaulling.

30. enigma1701

enigma1701

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +333
    Well I collected my new sammy from costco's yesterday! Now I know everyone who owns one says the box is big, but my god, I had to remove the packaging to get it into the van! Its a monster of a telly!

Just thought I'd let you all know Im now part of the team! :hiya:

Im glad I chose not to buy it from pixmania, they really seem to be messing everyone around! Good luck sorting them out tho!

Chris