Nightmare On Elm Street Problem

Michael_Hunt

Novice Member
Just recieved above boxset and when I play films they only play 1 scene and then go back to menu. I've tried different disk's and there ok. Is this just a case of send them back.

M

Mike Swannick

Is this the R2 you are having problems with? I took up the £17.99 offer from Splash recently but haven't opened mine yet. Will check soon.

M

Mike Swannick

Just checked all mine and they play Ch. 1 into Ch. 2 with no problems.

It was a brief look, but the transfers look pretty good considering its EIV. That logo at the start looks worse every time I see it.

The squeaking noise that the discs make when they come into contact with the clear plastic disc holders nearly makes my head explode. Real fingernails-on-the-blackboard stuff. Yuck!:eek:

Forgot to add: Playing on a Pioneer DV535, unmodified.

I

Iam

I've got the R2 version, & have a problem ... English subtitles keep on coming up at the start of some scenes, forcing me to go into the menu & turn them off, again & again.

M

Mike Swannick

Could you find out which chapters cause the subtitle thing? I only checked the chapter 1 into chapter 2 issue for each disk and didn't play much further. It would save me having to watch all the films just to wait for a potential mistake.

Your efforts are appreciated.:)

Michael_Hunt

Novice Member
Doesnt matter what chapter I go to it will only play that 1 then back to menu. I e-mailed Splash and they said "Please return the faulty disc along with a covering letter to us and we will be able to refund you on it. Our sincerest appologies." No word about an exchange so I was wondering if it has been a problem for others.