Nightmare Alley Movie Review & Comments

encaser

Average fair here. Blanchet was too hammy and Bradley drifted from doe-eyed to supposedly devious but never truly pulled off the latter.
This made me crave for the excellent Carnivalé series - well, S1 at least.

doifeellucky

Standard Member
The last three nights I watched this, The Power of the Dog, and The Lost Daughter. I’d give them all 6/10. No desire to watch any of them again. Nearly switched this one off half way through. I personally preferred TSOW.

PlexShaw

For those interested, Nightmare Alley: Vision In Darkness And Light (aka the black-and-white version) is now available on Disney+ (UK definitely, no idea about other regions), within the extras section of the Nightmare Alley listing. I missed this version in the cinema, so will definitely be checking it out as I rather enjoy watching these black-and-white versions (Logan, Parasite, Mad Max: Fury Road were all superb) as an alternative to the standard edition.

jdevil

Distinguished Member
The film started quite promising and had the potential to be Del Torro's best, while I enjoyed the film in general, the ending was a bit pants and it was a fairly basic story overall.

Agree with one of the above comments about Bradley, I just find him a bit bland to be honest and never seem to have any empathy for his characters.

6/10 is fair but underwhelming coming off from the back of Lady in the Water.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom