Nightclubs, after 40 years of age. Who still goes to them?

RicksonGracie1972

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a certain age that men shouldn't go to nightclubs anymore? and I'm not talking about these "back to 90's House" nights they have occasionally.
I'm 41 and I can't think of anything worse than standing in a club, not being able to hear my mates talk whilst being subjected to a load of "music" that i've never heard of before. I much prefer Bar's that maybe have a DJ who plays a mixture of tunes.

I was in a nightlcub last year for a mates stag do and was waiting for one of the young girls to ask me if I was the Mini cab driver:(.
So who here still frequents and enjoys night clubs in to their 40's?

Each to their own I guess. It's not for me anymore, but I know people in their 30's - 40's that still go to clubs. But then again, they don't have kids, so possibly aren't really in the same 'grown up' (term used very loosely) mindset that I am...

I love dancing. Go on boys holidays but mainly go to northern soul all nighters now

I swear I read this exact topic and text recently?

I went to one in London about 7 years ago, massive place....Sadly it was in the day and I was fitting a new Fire alarm system...:(

I must say though that the place was rotten when seen in the cold light of day...:zonked:

Haven't been to a nightclub since I was in my early 20's, I think these folks in their 40's are having a midlife crisis and trying to be all cool again with the youngsters, personally I think its rather sad in all honesty.

I stopped clubbing when I was 28....but then I'd done 10 yrs+, starting at The Hac when I was 17. So, I'd been there and worn the t-shirt, and then some. People in their 40s who are still clubbing fall into two categories IMO : hopeless romantics who are too addled by years of drug abuse to know better; and people who never experienced it in the first place and - through circumstance - now have the opportunity to experience what they missed. Is it sad?....in reality, yes; but if that's what they love then why not?

I think I've always been 40

Hated them, and the people who went to them ALWAYS at any age :)

1st time I ever was forced to go into a "club" was when I was over 40 and it was a horrid as I always expected it would be.

I stopped going to clubs when the majority of females were turning up with their passports.

Clubs never was my idea of having fun. I always been more of a pub-person, than club-person, even when I was 25. Maybe because I consider dancing as nuisance rather than form of "fun".

Ain't been to one in years , can't stand the plonkers who go into them once they have had a pint or two .

I swear I read this exact topic and text recently?
yep ... my reply @
Who else hates pubs and clubs? | Page 4 | AVForums
Loved clubs in my 20s/the 90s ... do find it a bit mutton dressed as lamb when others in their 40s or late 30s go clubbing by choice (and it's usually cheese/top 40 ... not the proper clubbing, DJing and scenes that I enjoyed)

On occasion have been dragged along to student clubs ... very sad to see these young muppets go crazy for Bon Jovi or any Stock Aitken Waterman rubbish and without irony.
42, though same birth year as BigStu1972

At 18 years of age and a two week stint to Tenerife with about 15 friends, I happily packed it in. Not my cup of tea..but then I don't do brews or coffee either!

The only Club I get near is the biscuit version.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom