Night of the Demon .Special edition

Garrett

This seems an interesting 2 discs edition, for one of my fav horror films of all time
Ditto it's in my top 5 somewhere.

I never orders from them before, are they OK.
BTW I notice the case inside get the American title.
It looks like the full UK and cut American version in the set.

Never heard of them before, Seen a post on fb from the company regarding this title
As they take the cash instantly once ordered
I will prob wait until the release date

tanglung

Distinguished Member
fantastic film, i have the OOP German release. i imagine this will be the same source for the transfer which was excellent.This looks very tempting though.

mark6226

It's been an amazon for over a year But very expensive at £40.
The movie is essential and probably the great Dana Andrews last top notch film

davidf

Zavvi are the same price as Powerhouse. I’m temoted to get it from them after my recent debacle with Powerhouse.

Garrett

Got my email it been dispatched from Zavvi expected date next Wed-Fri so may watch on my big film night Sat just before Halloween.:clap:

Garrett

Mine arrived yesterday from powerhouse,will give it a watch tonight
Mine popped through the post this morning way ahead of the expected date and only one day after being sent I wonder why other Zavvi mailings take longer or is at as I said in the past packed and confirmed but not posted.

Garrett

It's been an amazon for over a year But very expensive at £40.
The movie is essential and probably the great Dana Andrews last top notch film
I enjoyed some others late with him in, but he's not been the star in most but The Satan Bug one of my favorites but only in as a supporting role. He did one after NOTD I've not seen called The Fearmakers which sound right up my street.
Some of his previous work to Night of the Demon are crackers, well worth searching out, most famous being the Ox-Bow Incident, and Laura, then Boomerang, Where the Sidewalk Ends and Beyond A Reasonable Doubt which was so good they remade it with Michael Douglas.

Garrett

Pt 1 of the Box and opening.
notd f.jpg
notd b.jpg
NOTD F Open.jpg
NOTD B Open.jpg
P1010262.JPG

Box open.JPG

Garrett

Pt 2 some of the things with the box set please forgive the blurred shot and cropping of the book needed to prop the book open and hold open at the bottom with one hand so I did not break the book spine and taken with a camera not a phone.
The books looks very good and has 77 numbered pages. BTW that's Dana kissing the 96 old archaeologist who also studyed witchcraft and black magic and giving Dana info for the film.
The posters are back to back and are on quite thick paper.
The American Poster
American poster.jpg

The English Poster
English poster.jpg
Book front..............jpg
Book Back..............jpg
Inside 1..........jpg
Inside 2...........jpg

Last edited:

Garrett

Pt 3 disk one. the top picture in the film is 1.75:1 aspect ratio and the bottom is 1.66:1 which although small black bars at the side you can see more of the picture.
Film option st.jpg
Ratio option.jpg

1.77:1 pic
175 to 1.jpg

1.66:1 pic on this picture there more info top and bottom and at the sides.
For example the box for the newspaper photo in the above hits the side of the screen, below there is some space.
In the above you can just see the collar of the jacket on the RH side, in below you can see where it meets the lapal and forms the >. Also in the above there a line in the paper that says 'the council' but in below it opens up and reads 'the council int'
166 to 1.jpg

Garrett

I was listening to Sound of the Cinema this morning which was about music round films with woods and forest in them and near the end they have people texting in with there choice and someone mentioned watching this in the 80s when they were 9 and I think they said something to the effect the scare stays with them to this day. As I said in the past I saw a TV version of this before the film and the only demon they showed was a picture of a drawing and that scared me when I was a kid.
"Mystery and Imagination" Casting the Runes (TV Episode 1968) - IMDb

Its a shame only six episodes of the series still exist apart from the memory of a few of us I definitely would have bought the DVD if that one had been on it.
Poor quality clip here what someone managed to record in days before betamax and vhs.

Klaatu73

Standard Member
I was wondering if anyone else got a Karswell business card in theirs? - mine came in the cardbox packaging as opposed to being inside the actual sealed Blu-ray boxset, so I presume some could be thrown out without realising it was in there!. It is fantastic - it has Karswells curse faintly watermarked into it - "Prof Henry Harrington, allowed 2 weeks". Marketing genius. Absolutely adore this set.

Ste7en

Distinguished Member
You only get them included if you order direct from Indicator. It was a last minute 'freebie' for direct orders. Very nice :)

BTW release of the year in my book. An amazing achievement.

humanmachinery

Standard Member
Oooooh my. I have a French import of this, which I love very much. Any word on how this new edition stacks up? The Wild Side Blu-Ray is gorgeously restored, though you have to turn off the subtitles and it can be cumbersome to navigate the menus if you don't know the language.

Iris86

Standard Member
Pt 3 disk one. the top picture in the film is 1.75:1 aspect ratio and the bottom is 1.66:1 which although small black bars at the side you can see more of the picture.
View attachment 1075491 View attachment 1075472
1.77:1 picView attachment 1075475

1.66:1 pic on this picture there more info top and bottom and at the sides.
For example the box for the newspaper photo in the above hits the side of the screen, below there is some space.
In the above you can just see the collar of the jacket on the RH side, in below you can see where it meets the lapal and forms the >. Also in the above there a line in the paper that says 'the council' but in below it opens up and reads 'the council int'
View attachment 1075474
Heads up: your TV is overscanning. You're missing the outer edges of the picture :)

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

LG UltraGear Gaming Monitors get VESA certification
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Sony confirms UK pricing for A90K and A75K Bravia XR 4K OLED TVs
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
LG announces new CineBeam HU915QE 4K laser projector
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Movies Podcast | Maverick IMAX Review, 4K Disc News and More