1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Night Gallery

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Tardis, Jun 12, 2004.

1. Tardis

Tardis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    For those of you who remember this excellent series and were allowed to stay up late at night Universal Studios Home Video have announced the Region 1 DVD release of Night Gallery: The Complete First Season for 24th August 2004 with a retail price of $59.98. Night Gallery was creator-host Rod Serling's follow-up to The Twilight Zone. Set in a shadowy museum of the outre, Serling weekly unveiled disturbing portraiture as preface to a highly diverse anthology of tales in the fantasy-horror vein. This variety of material brought with it a variety of tone, from the deadly serious to the tongue-in-cheek, stretching the television anthology concept to its very limits. This three disc set contains twenty Night Gallery stories, including the original pilot and the complete first season. :thumbsup: :clap: :clap:

Some of these episodes used to scare the Sh*t out of me.

2. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    Superb!

And of course the pilot - consisting of three stories - contains an early directorial effort from a certain S. Speilberg! :thumbsup:

Didn't see too many of these, but quite a few of the ones I did stick in the memory. An adaptation of Lovecraft's "Pickman's Model" comes to mind.

3. anephric

anephric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    Ahhhh... I have such fond memories of watching repeats of this in the wee small hours on LWT.

Didactic, twist-in-the-tale SF/horror, was there ever a more noble progenitor than Rod Serling, fag in hand?

I love this stuff. I wish it still thrived.

-- Ah, all alone at last! Now I can read all those precious books... *glasses fall off nose and break* No, it's not fair! It's noooottt faaaiiirrrrrrrr!!!!!

(Yes, I know it was the Twilight Zone, but it's nearly the same thing, innit).

:)

regards,
    anephric