Question Niggling problem with Arcam Solo

wouarnud

Hello All,

Sorry, some begging on annoying issue with my relatively new Arcam Solo bar. Whenever I turn it on, it turns itself off after some time (not measured but it's probably a few minutes) and I have to turn it on again, after which it's ok. Does that even when there is a source i.e. TV, box, or other. I looked at forums and couldn't find anybody with same problem. I tried changing settings on the bar and looked at the manual, no luck.
Maybe it's just a faulty unit, but this feels more like some setting or incompatibility of some sort. Anyone got any idea? I know it's an old equipment but I really like it BTW, coupled with the Sub it's really great for my setup. Given that I no longer want or can invest into pure audiophile stuff like Arcam used to do, I console myself with the sound bar :)
Thanks,
Arnaud.

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
It might be worth talking to Arcam. it does sound like a fault, but it might be quite cheap to repair, especially if you're happy with it. Better the devil you know ...

keithwiggins

Hello All,

Sorry, some begging on annoying issue with my relatively new Arcam Solo bar. Whenever I turn it on, it turns itself off after some time (not measured but it's probably a few minutes) and I have to turn it on again, after which it's ok. Does that even when there is a source i.e. TV, box, or other. I looked at forums and couldn't find anybody with same problem. I tried changing settings on the bar and looked at the manual, no luck.
Maybe it's just a faulty unit, but this feels more like some setting or incompatibility of some sort. Anyone got any idea? I know it's an old equipment but I really like it BTW, coupled with the Sub it's really great for my setup. Given that I no longer want or can invest into pure audiophile stuff like Arcam used to do, I console myself with the sound bar :)
Thanks,
Arnaud.
i owned one of these a couple of years ago. It does unfortunately sound like a fault. Mine never did anything like your problem in the 7 months of ownerhip.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom