Nicholas Parsons

Just noticed that on a news feed.

A voice once heard, never forgotten.

96 A good run RIP

A good old age but still very sad. Just A Minute is a great show and he was perfect in it. I also enjoyed his work with Arthur Haines. He also appeared in the rather excellent Dr Who story The Curse Of Fenric.

RIP Nicholas.

He was a very talented man and always surprised me with the different shows he would work on.
He had so many years in show business, there can’t be many people out there who haven’t heard of him in some way.

RIP
MV5BNDkyNmI5NDAtZWQxZC00N2RhLTk5NjQtMThkYzQ4N2FmMTY4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODY2Njk4ODk@._V1_.jpg

I always liked Nicholas he use to be the voice of Tex Tucker in Four feather Falls and always felt sorry for the characters he played in The Arthur Haynes show who often play someone decent but Arthur would always twist the situation to make him come of the poorer.
I think he was in some special Sale of the Century where he was one of the contestants and was extremely knowledgeable.
I also remeber buying a tie in a up market gents outfitters and Nicholas wearing the same one on SOTC. In fact I never seen him not looking smart or dapper.
Like Bri rember him playing reverend in The Curse Of Fenric with an other of my favorites Dinsdale Landen this was also one of my favorite stories from the Sylvester McCoy era of Dr Who.
I would not be surprised to learn that Nicholas had a very high IQ.

R.I.P. Nicholas

A TV legend for sure. Did a lot more than most people probably remember.

Quite a bit of acting too.

RIP.

I also rember buying a tie in a up market gents outfitters and Nicholas wearing the same one on SOTC. In fact I never seen him not looking smart or dapper.
Like Bri rember him playing reverend in The Curse Of Fenric with an other of my favorites Dinsdale Landen this was also one of my favorite stories from the Sylvester McCoy era of Dr Who.

That story was rereleased yesterday as part of the 26th season upscaled blu ray set. So it's kind of an accidental tribute to him. There's an actual tribute on Radio 4 at 6.30 pm when they repeat a 50th anniversary edition of Just A Minute. I heard an announcer say there was something on later with Paul Merton but I can't find that on my EPG.

Last edited:
I remember him being a bit snidey with some of the contestants on Sale Of The Century, which I liked :smashin:. Wish they would show it again on Challenge TV (that and the golden shot, and the generation game)

Rest In Peace.

I remember him being a bit snidey with some of the contestants on Sale Of The Century, which I liked :smashin:. Wish they would show it again on Challenge TV (that and the golden shot, and the generation game)

Rest In Peace.
A bit like us when we take the mick out of contestants as in the Silly Funny Answer thread.:D

RIP.

One of the best documentaries I have seen is on tonight at 8pm, on BBC Four called The Incredible Story of Marie Antoinette's Watch with Nicholas Parsons. This is a tribute to Mr Parsons who had a love of watches.

RIP NicholasBloodyParsons.

Some people of a certain age will remember him for Sale of the Century, other people of a certain age, like myself, will remember him for (The Comic Strip Presents....) Mr Jolly Lives Next Door. 😂😂😂

Many moons ago I remember picking him up in my hackney carriage and when we arrived at his destination and after he had paid me the fare, I said to him that I got him there without deviation or hesitation. He laughed and said very good, but I then said that I couldn't do the journey in one minute or less though as I would have been "done" for speeding.... But two out of three isn't bad.... R.I.P.

Last edited:
1580725450964.png

I watched the episode of My Life on a Plate with Nicholas in it.https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06n384h last night and he was looking good for about 92, although giving some insight to Nicholas life was all to brief on it a lot of it was on cooking in fact Brian Turner that was doing the cooking would show in detail how the meal was made then it go of onto a part with Nicholas in it for about 2 minutes then come back and Brian would go over how he made the meal (only 2 minutes ago).:nono:
Nicholas liked his soup as one of his favorite meals.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom