Nice venue for Sunday Lunch needed for tommorow in London, anyone recommend somewhere

brad123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some of my family are in London this weekend for a Diamond Anniversary trip and Sunday they were meant to be going to the Savoy for Sunday lunch as a treat such is the occassion. However this is a no go now so can anyone recommend somewhere nice for Sunday Lunch in London, they are staying at Churchils hotel but can jump in a taxi, also if it serves it till later then 3 even better.

Im on Google now but thought I'd ask on here as well as theres a few Londoners knocking around, think they are looking for somewhere a bit of a treat like the Savoy was going to be, thanks.

Some of my family are in London this weekend for a Diamond Anniversary trip and Sunday they were meant to be going to the Savoy for Sunday lunch as a treat such is the occassion. However this is a no go now so can anyone recommend somewhere nice for Sunday Lunch in London, they are staying at Churchils hotel but can jump in a taxi, also if it serves it till later then 3 even better.

Im on Google now but thought I'd ask on here as well as theres a few Londoners knocking around, think they are looking for somewhere a bit of a treat like the Savoy was going to be, thanks.

Hi,

Unlimited choices with some of the best possible cuisines of every kind! May help if you can state your cuisine preference but seeing as you had originally booked something high end like the Savoy, maybe consider something like the Ritz Carlton? They also do an awesome high tea!

Suave!

Sorry should have said, they would like a traditional sunday roast.

:eek: i'd never go out to a restaurant or pub for a sunday roast.... none of those establishments can do a sunday roast as good as you make it at home.

push the boat out and have something different, it is a special occasion at the end of the day :smashin:

For a Sunday lunch, it has to be Simpsons in the Strand which is part of the Savoy (or at least used to be)

Their roast dinner is a British institution that everybody should do at least once in their lifetime

Not cheap (but not stupid expensive either)

Home - Simpson's in the Strand

Strangely enough we have boiled it down to simpsons or maze grill actually.

Strangely enough we have boiled it down to simpsons or maze grill actually.

Simpsons is as much about the experience as the food although the roast beef I had last time is truly excellent and almost as good as the meat I buy from my local farm when cooking at home.

If you are wanting a meal that will be talked about for many years to come you can't go far wrong.

The Anchor & Hope on the Cut SE1 (by Waterloo Station) is excellent and a lot cheaper I think than what Simpsons will be, but they don't take bookings so you'll have to wait and have a few drinks in their bar if you can't get a table straight away. Really great food & they do a great Sunday roast selection.

http://www.timeout.com/london/restaurants/venue/2:14712/anchor-hope

Last edited:
If you can get a table,

Either Roast in Borough Market or the Hawksmoor in Covent Garden.

They do amazing roasts...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom