Nice plasma but I find one of his claims hard to accept

RMCF

Distinguished Member
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STUNNING-FUJI...ryZ11073QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Very nice looking plasma.

I might be upgrading to plasma/LCD in 2007 and was wondering if Fujitsu really are the top brand? Never really hear them mentioned.

As for his claims that Sony's are last years Samsungs !! Surely a company with the money and technology of Sony don't have to buy cast-offs from Samsung?

Nice wallpaper too !!:D Perhaps he should have spent less on the plasma and more in the decor.

Moviebuff

I might be upgrading to plasma/LCD in 2007 and was wondering if Fujitsu really are the top brand? Never really hear them mentioned.
They are by many, certainly held in a higher regard then Sony's offerings. But then Sony didn't actually make their own plasmas. The general consensus is that the top three are Fuj, Pio & Panny ( in no particular order!)

If you delve deep enough into the forums, you'll see them mentioned more then their less than mainstream name would expected to be.

And for all the right reasons .....

MAW

Banned
That one is a bit of an antique, and as for HD ready, I don't think so! I do remember the screen, it's about 4-5 yrs old, £750 is way over the top already, new price was about £3500. Considering that a HD ready Fujitsu equivalent now is about £2500, and is a better screen in every way, I'd avoid that auction.

Moviebuff

They are by many, certainly held in a higher regard then Sony's offerings. But then Sony didn't actually make their own plasmas. The general consensus is that the top three are Fuj, Pio & Panny ( in no particular order!)

If you delve deep enough into the forums, you'll see them mentioned more then their less than mainstream name would expected to be.

And for all the right reasons .....
Just to add, I was on about Fujitsu in general, & not that particular model. :)

It will be interesting with all his sales patter, to see how much it finally goes for. I might employ him on a cut, to sell my car when it's due to be changed!!! :D

AngelEyes

Distinguished Member
I demoed the top three as suggested above and despite the lower resolution of the Fuji (compared to the 1080p Pioneers anyway), the Fujitsu 58 series was a lot lot better in terms of picture quality, black levels, brightness and colour.

It has the same screen as the Panasonic but a much better Processor which is what makes the difference (in price also :eek:).

IMHO I would rate them in this order...

Looks: Pio, Fujitsu & Panasonic
Picture: Fujitsu, Panasonic & Pioneer
Value: Panasonic, Pioneer & Fujitsu

If you watch your pennies then the Panasonic is a good bet but personally I think it is ugly compared to the other two. Be warned if you do a side by side with a Fujitsu you will want one, I know I did :blush:

Adam

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom