1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nice bargain story

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by DarkBytes, Feb 19, 2005.

1. DarkBytes

DarkBytes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all
    So I brought a plasma off ebay , it was faulty, and quite old , but a very good model for its time it is an nec 4210w plasmasync
    heres a link my plassy

This puppy cost 8k in its day and i am told it is better then the 1k models of today

so the fault was a strip about 2 inches wide running up half of the screen slightly to the right. :(

shortly after winning the plasma i got a mail froma guy in Lodon who said he knew what the fault was and could repair it, i was a little skeptical , but he said bring it down and I will take a look.
    Anyway I did, he fixed it, and it is now working sweet.
    so it cost me

183 on ebay
    300 for repair
    now i have a really nice screen for under 500 pounds.
    I am pretty chuffed
    :clap:

2. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +468
    good stuff...I remember reading your original posting (as not everybody refers to their screens as puppies :) )...glad it all worked out so well for you :smashin:

3. Flimber

Flimber
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,477
    So why isn't that repairer guy buying up any with such faults and making a killing ? Doesn't he know the rules ?

Well done to the OP :)

Mike.

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    £500 is still a tad risky for the guy to shift an OLD plasma......why not let you take the risk...he still makes moeny on the repair...might be good if you could post his Website if he has one or email details as i am sure there may be people with faulty NEC's who may need them repaired (if you can PM the details as i know someone off the forum who may be interested....)