Ni No Kuni 2 Revenant Kingdom (PS4)

Probably giving up with this now. Hours in and no hint of any gameplay yet. Will trade while it is still hot.

So where have all the amazing metacritic scores come from then?

So where have all the amazing metacritic scores come from then?
I am not saying it is a poor game, just that I can't see any gameplay yet. It would appear to be story rather than gameplay driven. I have probably had about 50 encounters and none required anything more than repeatedly pressing a button, does not even matter which one. I could literally close my eyes and still win the encounters. The game looks lovely and is charming and story seems engaging, but that isn't enough for me.

Not slagging it, just not my thing.

A few Tempered bosses have had me changing it up a bit and having to use revives too!!

I am not saying it is a poor game, just that I can't see any gameplay yet. It would appear to be story rather than gameplay driven. I have probably had about 50 encounters and none required anything more than repeatedly pressing a button, does not even matter which one. I could literally close my eyes and still win the encounters. The game looks lovely and is charming and story seems engaging, but that isn't enough for me.

Not slagging it, just not my thing.

I’d agree with this. Was playing it late the other night and was falling asleep on and off and still never lost a battle - even won the skirmish randomly hitting buttons through closed eyes.

Not sure that video shows the true flaws in the 4K mode. Yes it mentions frame drops but it honestly seems worse than what they mention when walking around areas and panning the camera.

Not sure that video shows the true flaws in the 4K mode. Yes it mentions frame drops but it honestly seems worse than what they mention when walking around areas and panning the camera.

Please try to remember you’re not playing in a top end PC. The video even states that a top knacker setup is pushed really hard.

I’d always take reduced resolution as a trade for frame stability personally.

Anybody selling theirs I’d be happy to make you an offer for it. I’m quite enjoying the first one, yet find the frequency of mini skirmishes are a little too often.

Such a nice looking game, I'll have to get it one day.

Please try to remember you’re not playing in a top end PC. The video even states that a top knacker setup is pushed really hard.

Anybody selling theirs I’d be happy to make you an offer for it. I’m quite enjoying the first one, yet find the frequency of mini skirmishes are a little too often.

You instigate the battles in this one so it's a bit less frustrating. Seen a few on the classifieds mate. I liked the first one and I'm liking this one too. It is easy in most parts to be fair but it's quite enjoyable and I'm liking the kingdom building segment too.

I understand that, but for me a console experience should be one where tweaking of settings etc should not be needed. If they can’t get 4K to work on a console then they shouldn’t have included it.

Nearly 5 hours in and I think I’m about done with this game. It’s just not very fun at all.

We have now published Luke's review, giving the game 8/10 and a Recommended badge. Read the review by clicking the Review tab at the top and bottom of the page.
We've also published a video review.

I've completed this. Put about 70 hours in now. 1 last thing to research then done everything with Kingdom, which every building is maxxed out too. Just doing some end game grinding to get materials to craft the legendary armour/weapons. Not sure i'll bother getting all the achievements (got it on Steam), as i'm not sure i'll be hanging around too much longer with it but i've really enjoyed the game. Mostly it has been quite easy but I have been pretty much overlevelled the whole game, apart from now at end game trying to farm the Faraway Dream Door on Level 5!! I'm level 68 and they go past 110!!!

Around 60 hours in here and slowly closing in on the plat - have finished the main story and most of the side quests.

Still really enjoying it - love the world they have built etc, sure some of it is a bit easy and some of the side quests are slightly annoying but I have put 60 hours in with probs another 20 to get the plat - no real complaints here.

I absolutely hated the battles at first but as I have leveled up my armies and got to know how to play them have actually started to enjoy them now.

Great game for me I would give it an easy 8.5/10

Around 60 hours in here and slowly closing in on the plat - have finished the main story and most of the side quests.

Still really enjoying it - love the world they have built etc, sure some of it is a bit easy and some of the side quests are slightly annoying but I have put 60 hours in with probs another 20 to get the plat - no real complaints here.

I absolutely hated the battles at first but as I have leveled up my armies and got to know how to play them have actually started to enjoy them now.

Great game for me I would give it an easy 8.5/10
Those end game tempered fights!!!! Sheeeeeesh!

Just hit level 85 and they're still wiping me out!

Those end game tempered fights!!!! Sheeeeeesh!

Just hit level 85 and they're still wiping me out!
Great!

Actually looking forward to them / getting the plat on this - think it is a great game...

I have my collectors edition but not yet opened it.
My wife gave birth to our 3rd child and now I'm in hospital with meningitis (again).
So I've told her to keep hold of it and give it to me for my birthday. Saves a few quid buying me a present.
When I get home I might have enough time to finish the first Ni No Kuni....Maybe.

I’m still cracking on with the first one. Combat is getting a bit better and now I’ve made my party up to 3 I have a few more options.

Enjoying the exploration aspect and my serial OCD means I’m clearing out everything I can at every stage before moving on.

Will probably pick up #2 further down the line when I’ve cleared a bit of my shameful backlog.

Got the plat on this today just under 80 hours...
I enjoyed this although the skirmishes were a bit of a pita they way they randomly appear on the map.

First Ni No Kuni is on sale for only ÂŁ5.79 On PSN. It's only PS3 but it's a cracking game.

Last edited:
First Ni No Kuni is on sale for only ÂŁ5.79 On PSN. It's only PS3 but it's a cracking game.

***. Just paid ÂŁ17 for it as it was a) rare, and b) never been on PSN!!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom