Ni No Kuni 2 Revenant Kingdom (PS4)

And doesn't look to be a massive slog either, I have read a few reviews where people completed the game and a lot of side quests in less than 40 hours.

I've got Persona 5, why would i buy this?:confused:

I've got years of backlogged games and I'll also be getting this. Its good and I liked the previous game.

I can't stop my pile of shame from growing exponentially. this year is going to be a particular shameful year.

Just had my despatch notice from Simplygames for this.

postie should be dropping this off today. I had hoped to finish Divinity first, but that game takes some doing!

Just got the disk. Got the standard disk and it comes with 3 very nice postcards inside. Nice.

#1 bought, installed , PS3 moved to front room and on with it. Looks great on the 65 actually!

Couple of hours in to this now - it is pretty easy but so was the first one which it improves on in most ways, really enjoying it so far.

Mine came with the postcards a poster and also been emailed a code for some pre order dlc stuff.

Got this coming tomorrow. I never played the first one but love JRPGs, last one being Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

....it is pretty easy....
I have not played the previous games, but this is a slight issue for me so far. I hope it gains some sort of challenge. After 4-5 hours there has not been a single encounter that you can't competely fly through just by picking a button and mashing it. The game gives you tools, but you simply don't need them. Very occasionally there is a big bad enemy that may benefit from 1 or 2 dodges, but not really.

The game has a lot of charm, but this is stopping it from being really engaging for me.

I have not played the previous games, but this is a slight issue for me so far. I hope it gains some sort of challenge. After 4-5 hours there has not been a single encounter that you can't competely fly through just by picking a button and mashing it. The game gives you tools, but you simply don't need them. Very occasionally there is a big bad enemy that may benefit from 1 or 2 dodges, but not really.

The game has a lot of charm, but this is stopping it from being really engaging for me.

Am about 6 hours in I have been exploring and been to a couple of areas where enemies have been like level 35+ and have ohk me but they are rare.

I think this game is more about the story / journey than the challenge and I am ok with that as it is good - I know end game there are like level 95 bosses but still just grind up your levels and you should be able to button mash your way through them.

Will go for the plat on this sure it is not challenging in terms of difficulty but I do love the gameplay / story

Dark Souls remaster is out in May that should fill my hard game gap for a bit

I opted for the PC version. Which seems modable and there's a mod to change the difficulty. Not sure I'll mod it but will see how it is further in .

It’s annoying the frame rate is so bad in 4K on PRO. Turning it to standard definition in game fixes it but kind of defeats the point in having the Pro.

It’s annoying the frame rate is so bad in 4K on PRO. Turning it to standard definition in game fixes it but kind of defeats the point in having the Pro.
Well it obviously can't do it so at least they've given you the choice which I would always prefer. I'd choose framerate with this though considering its cartoon style shouldn't look to different at a higher resolution.

Well it obviously can't do it so at least they've given you the choice which I would always prefer. I'd choose framerate with this though considering its cartoon style shouldn't look to different at a higher resolution.

Still disappointing as it looks noticeably better in 4K resolution.

Yea a few niggles starting to creep in now;

1) The framerate issue on the pro. I'm going to have to drop to standard as its annoying.

2) The music... wow. Just does not suit the game at all. Its not 'bad', its just so odd some of the tracks they play in contrast to whats going on in the game. Very very odd.

3) The actual gameplay loop is annoying a bit now too. Like run for 10 seconds, cut scene, run to another character, cut scene... then its like "we need to go to X" ... run all the way to X, cut scenes.... "ok, lets go back to where we started from and talk to someone"

I get its an RPG - I love them. But it feels like they are really padding the story out by sending you round in circles for the sake of it. Comparing to something like Xenoblade Chronicles 2, which you always feel you are moving forwards towards something.

I dunno... I still like it, but its initial charms are wearing off. I need to stick with it as I'm only 5 hours in and not quite at the kingdom building stage yet, so I want to see if that makes it any better overall.

Yea a few niggles starting to creep in now;

1) The framerate issue on the pro. I'm going to have to drop to standard as its annoying.

2) The music... wow. Just does not suit the game at all. Its not 'bad', its just so odd some of the tracks they play in contrast to whats going on in the game. Very very odd.

3) The actual gameplay loop is annoying a bit now too. Like run for 10 seconds, cut scene, run to another character, cut scene... then its like "we need to go to X" ... run all the way to X, cut scenes.... "ok, lets go back to where we started from and talk to someone"

I get its an RPG - I love them. But it feels like they are really padding the story out by sending you round in circles for the sake of it. Comparing to something like Xenoblade Chronicles 2, which you always feel you are moving forwards towards something.

I dunno... I still like it, but its initial charms are wearing off. I need to stick with it as I'm only 5 hours in and not quite at the kingdom building stage yet, so I want to see if that makes it any better overall.

Agree with this. I was expecting to be blown away by this game given the hype around the first and it just feels a little unpolished. It looks good, but it seems like it’s trying to be a little Zelda BOTW like but completely missing the charm and polish of that game.

I will continue but disappointed so far.

Reached there yesterday and it seems OK. You'll unlock side mission etc after that too.
Is your full time job playing games now Chalky? You seem to playing everything! :laugh: (I'm just jealous - barely any free time for gaming lately)

Is your full time job playing games now Chalky? You seem to playing everything! :laugh: (I'm just jealous - barely any free time for gaming lately)

Ha ha, jack of all trades master of none mate. I work 4 days on 4 days off so can get a few solid gaming days in before having to go back to work....and test games lol.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom