NHS telling me I've had my 2nd COVID jab, but I haven't!

DemonAV

Distinguished Member
Hello all.

Yesterday I received an email from the NHS informing me that I have had my second COVID jab and therefore my appointment to have my second AZ jab, in mid June, has been cancelled. I haven't had my second jab so following the instructions in the email I contacted my GP to hopefully clear this up...right. Wrong. I spoke to my practices manager and she could not help as on her system I had my second inoculation on May 16th and she couldn't help to book a second jab as the computer said no. She gave me 2 mobile numbers to call. One of the numbers didn't work but I eventually got through to someone at the COVID centre but he could not assist me either and told me to phone the pharmacy where my inoculations are to be administered. So I phoned them and at first they said they couldn't help me but after a lot of pushing they have taken my number and have said they will call me back at some point if they have a spare AZ inoculation that they can administer to me. So this could be at anytime and not when necessarily around mid June when I was supposed to having my second jab.

Anyone else had a similar issue with their COVID inoculations? I understand that the amount of national inoculations taking place there will be mistakes but I'm not confident that I'll ever receive my second and final jab at all?

JimmyMac

Distinguished Member
try calling 119

on the NHS app thats the number they tell you to call if the vaccine information is incorrect. My wife has had her second jab but its only showing up as one so she needs to call them, will be doing that soon as she has a chance

tiacat

Not covid but I have been 'chased' 6 times by my GP surgery to have my flu jab. I had it in December and every time they chase me, I tell them this, they say they will ensure its put on the system and then I get chased again

I find this very worrying that my records arent or cant be kept up to date, apparently one of the receptionists said it wouldnt allow her to add it so she put a note on, but why wasnt my vaccination put on when it happened? The note is not having any effect as I keep getting chased

mjn

Distinguished Member
Awful Government IT system.

I’m shocked………

DemonAV

Distinguished Member
Just spoke to a man on 119 and they can't do anything to rebook my second jab. They've told me that the only people who can re-book my second jab is my GP practice, but I spoke to the practice manager yesterday and she told me they cannot do anything. I'm being bounced around in a circle with no one that is willing to help me. Frustrating.

DemonAV

Distinguished Member
Contact the media and expose it.

Lol, I might just do that but I'm going to phone my GP's practice manager tomorrow (She is off today) and if I don't get any help from their I may just get in touch with the press. I've also sent a letter to my local MP to hopefully get something moving?

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
I'd try speaking to a doctor at your practice rather than admin. Hopefully they can see more info about the phantom jab such as location, which will help prove it wasn't you. Ultimately I'd have thought it would be a decision for a doctor to make rather than a pen-usher. But I can see the issue from their side if for some bizarre reason you were requesting a third jab.

I've heard that Nadhim Zahawi has actually responded directly to some queries so that might be worth a try also.

[email protected]

stblob

Have you got the NHS app? If so check there, if you haven't then its not a bad idea to have it.

DemonAV

Distinguished Member
This is for NHS staff administering the vaccine but may help.

Very interesting. I've saved the page in case I need to revert to it tomorrow. Many thanks.

Even Thorizon

Have you got the NHS app? If so check there, if you haven't then its not a bad idea to have it.

I've got it but my OH hasn't, they haven't got the right 'paper' ID, passport, driving licence... The app directs you to contact your GP to obtain some pass numbers etc. GP surgery claims they know nothing about the numbers and say contact 119, 119 say contact GP - another round and round.

OH still hasn't gotten any further despite emailing the surgery with screenshots of the app pages showing they should contact the surgery and what information the surgery should provide.

Apologies for going off-topic.

Spacemen12

I've got it but my OH hasn't, they haven't got the right 'paper' ID, passport, driving licence... The app directs you to contact your GP to obtain some pass numbers etc. GP surgery claims they know nothing about the numbers and say contact 119, 119 say contact GP - another round and round.

OH still hasn't gotten any further despite emailing the surgery with screenshots of the app pages showing they should contact the surgery and what information the surgery should provide.

Apologies for going off-topic.
Sounds like my Surgery. I never get anywhere with the front door gate keepers. I would talk to you doctor. if you can get past the gate keepers

mjcairney

Distinguished Member
My sister-in-law has the same problem as the OP in that the system is saying she has had both her jabs whereas she too has only had one and is having a hard job trying to convince someone that there's been a mistake.

Even Thorizon

Sounds like my Surgery. I never get anywhere with the front door gate keepers. I would talk to you doctor. if you can get past the gate keepers
She’s going to do that the next time she has a phone appointment, she has a rare syndrome which involves frequent changes in medication. I’ve often wondered why some of the people who work in doctors surgeries do so and why they are allowed to continue as they are without retraining.

DemonAV

Distinguished Member
Finally got it sorted.

After lots of calls and emails to various people in various depts inc an MP I have finally managed to book my 2nd and final AZ Covid jab for next Thursday. It appears that the NHS system has a real problem with resetting peoples records when they have been told that they have had the second jab when in reality they have not, as in my case. According to the NHS records I had my second shot in Liverpool in mid May. I live in London and the last time I went to Liverpool was in 1990!

mjcairney I hope your sister in law gets her issue sorted. She needs to keep on at her GP surgery as they were the only ones who got my issue resolved.
Good luck :clap:

Last edited:

mjcairney

Distinguished Member
Finally got it sorted.

After lots of calls and emails to various people in various depts inc an MP I have finally managed to book my 2nd and final AZ Covid jab for next Thursday. It appears that the NHS system has a real problem with resetting peoples records when they have been told that they have had the second jab when in reality they have not, as in my case. According to the NHS records I had my second shot in Liverpool in mid May. I live in London and the last time I went to Liverpool was in 1990!

mjcairney I hope your sister in law gets her issue sorted. She needs to keep on at her GP surgery as they were the only ones who got my issue resolved.
Good luck :clap:
Hi, that's good that you have yours sorted out. My sister-in-law is like "a dog with a bone" in that she won't give up until she gets her second jab. When she went for her first one, she was told that she'd already had it that day and they asked her to leave which she refused to do, stuck to her guns for about an hour before they finally relented and gave her the jab. Whether or not that has anything to do with her current situation, I know not, but suspect it has. Anyway, she'll stick at it until she gets it sorted, of that I have no doubt.
I'll pass on your good wishes. 👍

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom