NHS Mental Health Care Cuts.

It's the efficiency savings taking effect (as they have done in elective surgery and are part A&E's problems). Top Brass NHS managers are cutting back not based on clinical need but on trying to impress the current Government that they can deliver the efficiency savings as demanded by the Treasury. Front line services have been hit and will continue to be hit. NHS Mental Health funding problem is just being compounded by it. I see no point in closing beds and wards in NHS Mental Health Hospitals if it means you then have to spend millions on sending patients hundreds of miles away to private hospitals that do have beds. Depriving those patients of the ability to see friends and family. Which is vital in the recovery process.

Put simply the Tories are destroying the NHS so they can privatise the profitable parts of the health service and leave the unprofitable parts to whatever's left of the NHS. It's vandalism and not really addressing the core problems with health care in the UK (Private health care has it's own troubles). And no it's not a freemarket system. Just an example for you - Certain Private Health care companies donated a few million to the Tory party while they were in opposition and they've now been awarded contracts worth around £100 million in NHS contracts.
It's all there in the health and social care bill, despite the cosmetic changes insisted upon by the Liberal Democrats to pass it. Aside from depriving Andrew Lansley's attempts to remove the responsibility of delivering healthcare from the Government (the tories have got pretty much what they wanted out of it). Which was just a way for the Tories to say when things go pearshaped "Not our fault, the CCG's make the spending decisions honest". They will still try and spin that one.

To reform the NHS, politicians have to be completely honest and explain to the public the tough challenges the NHS faces. And I'm not adverse to the private sector being involved in providing health care in the NHS, but it has to be based on clinical need aka patients first.

You thought I supported the Tory crony health care option ? We still pay taxes so it isn't private.

All that will happen is services will be cut and managers will firewall themselves. I'm sitting on a very interesting story that's developing in our locality. For now, how about the £1M redundancy payout for three managers who already have another post within the NHS. Not counting the enormous amount of staff that have taken even better paid jobs in the commission side of healthcare-local GP surgeries-because of the shift from bureaucratic trusts.

The cuts never happened, the people just moved for a higher salary and a fat redundancy package. The NHS is just a feeding ground for scrounging bureaucrats just like every publicly funded institution. Its to hell with the patients and sod the nurses who are expected to do more and more with less and less. Its a merry go round of incompetent civil servant types who are very good at politics and back stabbing.

Huge payoff for NHS chief who never left | The Times

Sent from my iPad

All that will happen is services will be cut and managers will firewall themselves. I'm sitting on a very interesting story that's developing in our locality. For now, how about the £1M redundancy payout for three managers who already have another post within the NHS. Not counting the enormous amount of staff that have taken even better paid jobs in the commission side of healthcare-local GP surgeries-because of the shift from bureaucratic trusts.

The cuts never happened, the people just moved for a higher salary and a fat redundancy package. The NHS is just a feeding ground for scrounging bureaucrats just like every publicly funded institution. Its to hell with the patients and sod the nurses who are expected to do more and more with less and less. Its a merry go round of incompetent civil servant types who are very good at politics and back stabbing.

Huge payoff for NHS chief who never left | The Times

Sent from my iPad

That's nothing new and the top NHS managers have been firewalling themselves for a while now. What has merely happened is this - NHS managers from trusts and LHA's that were part of the spending decision making process were made "redundant" and then a short while later "hired" by Clinical Commissioning Groups to do the complex administration that GP's are not capable of doing alone and you know be GP's at the same time. This started on Lansley's watch.
All they've done is shifted the admin around and given it a new name under the pretense that GP's decide what should be spent at a local level. When in reality the CCG's will still be held down by Central Government.

That's nothing new and the top NHS managers have been firewalling themselves for a while now. What has merely happened is this - NHS managers from trusts and LHA's that were part of the spending decision making process were made "redundant" and then a short while later "hired" by Clinical Commissioning Groups to do the complex administration that GP's are not capable of doing alone and you know be GP's at the same time. This started on Lansley's watch.
All they've done is shifted the admin around and given it a new name under the pretense that GP's decide what should be spent at a local level. When in reality the CCG's will still be held down by Central Government.

That's what I said :-/ what we now have is a shift to private sector GPs - who are really public sector because they receive money based on a tick sheet-but the Government can point to a reduction in public sector employment/spending. The next little trick is that middle/lower and even some upper managers have had a shake up. Part of this is a regrading/money saving exercise, but a lot of it is adding the word ' clinical' to the job title. Hey Presto a manager is now a nurse. Then they claim a decrease in management and a massive increase in nursing staff.

GPs have always been 'private sector'.
Is this just repeat what Karkus says ? I said a shift towards private sector GPs doing the commissioning instead of public sector trusts.

I aint paying nowt for that nefarious paper, if you have read it does is mention the Laws they have broken in achieving these payoffs.

I don't pay for it, you can select any paper. No laws were broken same as the banks.

I struggle to understand some posts on here
I aint paying nowt for that nefarious paper
doesn't seem to make any sense whatsoever. :confused:

Aha, thanks, I clicked on the link and got the gist of it without realising :)

Looks like we might have a midstaffs type of Scandal brewing in NHS Mental Health Care -
Britain's senior psychiatrist has warned that the mental health sector is heading towards its own Mid Staffs scandal, as it emerged that NHS patients are being treated in a hospital where staff were recently accused of using injections and seclusion as threats.

Professor Sue Bailey, president of the Royal College of Psychiatrists, said she was increasingly concerned that mental services were approaching a "tipping point" with funding being cut despite a record 50,000 uses of the Mental Health Act to detain patients in hospital for assessment or treatment in 2012-13.
Mental health units 'are heading for a Mid Staffs scandal', warns senior psychiatrist | Society | The Observer

FYI Hospitals should not be using intramuscular injections or threats of seclusion to gain compliance from patients to behave. They should only be used to ensure the safety of everyone on a ward from the patients to the staff. If you read the more of the article you'll see it was being used in a private hospital where a teenager had been sent (due to lack of beds on the NHS).
So much for giving mental health parity with physical health.

And here is a mental health trust in all sorts of trouble -
Norfolk & Suffolk Mental Health Crisis « Campaign to Save NHS Mental Health Services in Norfolk and Suffolk

I recommend taking a look at the 12 cuts of Christmas posts i.e.
Here is the story ‘Emily’ wanted us to tell:
“Before the cuts, I had four amazing care co-ordinators over ten years. They had the chance to get to know me, both when I was struggling but also when I was well. This meant they could push me to recover, taught me how to laugh and cry and then could keep me safe when I was scared. They have held on to the hope for me in my darkest moments and I have had the time to learn to trust them – seemingly impossible tasks. At times it has seemed they know me better that I know myself and so have helped me build my life."

On the first day of Christmas, NSFT took away… my care co-ordinator « Norfolk & Suffolk Mental Health Crisis

I'm lost for words, mental health hospitals are meant to be places of safety for those in crisis and then to get them back on their feet.

I'm not surprised or shocked to hear that clinicians are sectioning people to give them a better chance of getting a bed somewhere in the NHS mental health system. The powers to section people should not be misused as they take away your liberty entirely (you lose the right to vote, have no say on treatment etc). It's no joke to say the section form is probably one of the most powerful pieces of paper in the UK.

BBC News - Patients sectioned 'because of pressure on beds'

I'm not surprised or shocked to hear that clinicians are sectioning people to give them a better chance of getting a bed somewhere in the NHS mental health system. The powers to section people should not be misused as they take away your liberty entirely (you lose the right to vote, have no say on treatment etc). It's no joke to say the section form is probably one of the most powerful pieces of paper in the UK.

BBC News - Patients sectioned 'because of pressure on beds'

It does not say what sections they are using, there are quite a few detaining sections and vary in time from hrs to Months, It would be disturbing if its section 3 ( upto 6 months at first) and requires AMHP Social worker & 2 Doctors, its with you for life and makes jobs traveling to many countries very difficult etc.

I'm of the opinion this situation has always been in Mental Health and its at the bottom of NHS money chain.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom