NHL 2K6's Achievements - Help?

Waynej

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone please explain who has played this game how I should go about getting the achievements please. Below is the list of achievements, I managed to get Score in Under 1 min and scored a goal with a defenseman. Luckily my buddy is over for a few hours with his controller so it makes it extremely easy achievements as u can get the in 2 player mode.

Score on penalty shot (All-Star) - 250 pts

How do I get into a penalty situation?

Score goal when 2 men down (Pro) - 200 pts

How do I get 2 of my men sent off?

Score on a breakway (Amateur) - 50 pts

What is a breakaway?

Yes, I know I'm a stathore but I like to see it as getting themost out of my rental subscription. And I like to get that gamerscore higher. Please advise on the above situations, if you know what I need to do.

Waynej said:
Score on penalty shot (All-Star) - 250 pts

How do I get into a penalty situation?
You need to be fouled while in the action of shooting. Hardest achievement in the game this one.

Waynej said:
Score goal when 2 men down (Pro) - 200 pts

How do I get 2 of my men sent off?
Keep fouling the opponent, when you make a foul your man will get a 2 minute penalty in the sin bin. Get two men in, then score a goal. It will help with this if the period length is longer as the 2 minutes is relative game time.

Waynej said:
Score on a breakway (Amateur) - 50 pts

What is a breakaway?
Basically when you come from deep and get past the CPU defense for a 1v1 chance with the keeper. Bring the puck from behind your goal and speed up the ice.

tyo foul use the right analog stick.

the penalty one is the hardest to get in single player.

You don't need to do the penalty shot in single player, use two controllers and get a mate to help thats how I ended up doing it. You get on a breakaway and slow down to allow your mate to come in bashing the B button and pushing up on the right stick, when you get awarded the penalty(may take a few attempts) then your mate takes control of the keeper and moves out of the way :smashin:

stepneg said:
You don't need to do the penalty shot in single player, use two controllers and get a mate to help thats how I ended up doing it. You get on a breakaway and slow down to allow your mate to come in bashing the B button and pushing up on the right stick, when you get awarded the penalty(may take a few attempts) then your mate takes control of the keeper and moves out of the way :smashin:
Cheers I'll try that first thing tomorrow.

but thats cheating. its about achieving, not growing a virtual penis.

Vini said:
but thats cheating. its about achieving, not growing a virtual penis.

LOL, no it's not, cheating is using a wall hack in BF2. To me it's bending the rules to unlock a stupid achievement, if you would rather spend hours and hours playing the comp trying to get it to give you a penalty shot thats up to you.

stepneg said:
LOL, no it's not, cheating is using a wall hack in BF2. To me it's bending the rules to unlock a stupid achievement, if you would rather spend hours and hours playing the comp trying to get it to give you a penalty shot thats up to you.
You're right, it's not cheating but it's exploiting, I don't judge either way. I got it through legitimate means playing against the CPU. Had 3 penalties before I scored 1 too. I guess if you get a mate to help, then it won't be the hardest one in the game.

Yep I agree it is exploiting the game but I would much rather have had a decent set of achievements in the first place though. An achievement should be something you can work for not just unlocked because you stumble across a random event that happens in the game.

stepneg said:
I would much rather have had a decent set of achievements in the first place though.

I completely agree. However, there will always be some way to exploit something whatever they do. The whole achievement thing has become worthless now anyway. I had people messaging me asking to complete Frogger, Pacman and Galaga and one of the was someone claiming to be Austrailias number one achievement holder. He offered me a game to complete Frogger for him! I doubted he'd ever send a game but I was tempted to get his details so that I could have messaged everyone on his list and let them know he was a fraud. I've also had messages from people who have sent to everyone on their list offering to complete games for them. Someone was recently offering to complete Hitman and someone else was doing Time Pilot. I've deleted those people from my list. What's the point in it?

I don't mind manipulations so much but this method where people are getting others to do achievements for them is just not right and is purely about increasing the virtual penis. Unfortunately it means that I now can't look at a massive gamerscore without thinking that they've not done it all themselves. This actually gives them a smaller virtuapenis(tm) in my eyes and reduces the respect I would otherwise have for their gaming dedication.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom