NHL 13 - It's Coming!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlaybookHero

Established Member
Reaction score
Much as I love the NHL series, I barely scratched the surface of NHL 12 so investing in 13 doesn't really seem sensible.

I will, of course, reserve the right to change my mind on that one nearer the time!! :smashin:

Indeed it's easy to got bogged down in the modes etc, but it's the online that generally keeps my interest. I did a bit of HUT and GM, but the online mostly.

I've even booked a fibre upgrade before release so the kids don't lag me out :)

Out on 14th September guys and the demo is up. Looks great! It's a lot harder to break away from players now, which is good. Also if you lurk at the back post you will be flattened now rather than given free licence to goal hang :)

Don't even need to play the demo to know I am going to buy this day one :)

Playing the demo is definately worth doing as the skating is completely different in this version. Give yourself a head-start on the opposition :)

This is out at 5pm on season ticket thingy, my OCD is going a bit mental :rotfl:

Somebody in this thread has caved in and bought the season ticket, it may or may not have been me. :laugh:

Somebody in this thread has caved in and bought the season ticket, it may or may not have been me. :laugh:

I have it too although I bought the season ticket for FIFA. I have played the previous NHL games but I am never able to score, only time I was any good was the snes version.

I have it too although I bought the season ticket for FIFA. I have played the previous NHL games but I am never able to score, only time I was any good was the snes version.

It's changed a little bit since then haha, glad I put the time in a few years ago to learn it though.

Feels a little easy so far on all-star difficulty, expect that to change in GM mode.

I can't justify the price of the sason ticket, as I don't play any other EA sports stuff. I'm happy to get mine next Thursday :) Still playing the demo and getting used to the skating quirks. I spent an hour in free skate just one on one with the Goalie last night and I didn't notice any identical outcomes at all. Pretty amazing! Each time something different happened :)

Exhibition matches were easy, GM mode matches arent, got beat using the sharks 4-0 against the ducks. :blush:

Feels far more varied to play but it does feel easier to score, the keepers have been improved animation wise but having a lot of rebounds early on.

Having said that I would pass this year, I am tempted. Would mean passing on FIFA instead for a year. Hmmmm....

Is it much different to the demo?

Played the demo last night and quite enjoyed it. They seem to have beefed the sound up from last year, which makes it a better experience.

Early reviews on Metacritic are very positive too. Be interesting to hear what you guys think.

I'll let you know when it arrives this week :)

I'm still getting used to the fact you can't push the puck ahead for a speed burst.. The 'holding L3 hustle" doesn't seem nearly as effective for getting a jump on the D. Guess i'll have to dump/pass more in this version!

Pretty cool thing when approaching a puck against the boards, instead of taking it under control then passing you use RB to slap it away along the boards now which is good for countering.

Pretty cool thing when approaching a puck against the boards, instead of taking it under control then passing you use RB to slap it away along the boards now which is good for countering.

Yeah i've done it a few times now in the demo, although it doesn't seem to always work. You can do it anywhere on the ice, but it can be a bit random as to what the outcome will be :)

Half the time I'm trying to poke check the oppo who hasn't actually got control of the puck yet, only to end up waving the stick round like a loon trying to chop the puck out the air..

Going to give it another go tonight and see how I get on. I'm assuming NHL 12 isn't giving a lot in the way of trade in?

Cheers - that's better than I expected. Got a couple of other games I could trade so it might work out nicely. Will give the demo another go tonight.

Cheers - that's better than I expected. Got a couple of other games I could trade so it might work out nicely. Will give the demo another go tonight.

If you have a phone download the HMV replay app, you can scan barcodes or type in to see how much their worth

I might have to he this myself. I haven't played a NHL game since 2006.

Hurrah; it's arrived!

Prob spend most of tonight getting it installed and setting up my Be a Pro bloke and maybe an EASHL team...

Hurrah; it's arrived!

Prob spend most of tonight getting it installed and setting up my Be a Pro bloke and maybe an EASHL team...

Excellent - does it have paper instructions or is it all online again. My ageing brain can't cope with online manuals.

Excellent - does it have paper instructions or is it all online again. My ageing brain can't cope with online manuals.

Not sure; Haven't opened it yet (at work) :)
Can I bung you an invite to the online team once it's setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom