NhaNc3 Rips. How do I convert them to a ps3 compatible format?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by johnslone55, Jan 18, 2008.

1. johnslone55

johnslone55

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Those of you know who I'm talking about will know that those nHD releases cant be played on the ps3. PS3 Video 9 doesent work in converting them either, so I was wondering, how do I convert their HD releases to either mp4 or divx or w/e?

I belive that the audio is AAC, and that the video is avc1. Can anyone help

2. ndenbow

ndenbow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I had a similar problem with Encode360 with some of these files. I narrowed it down to the audio codec and never resolved it. I tried the Combine COmmunity Codec pack and K-Lite and nothing I tried worked. There were a few cryptic clues on the Encode360 forum site but nothing definitive.

The only way I could get the re-encode to complete was to down-mix the audio to 2-channel. I think the offending audio format was A_AAC 6-channel? Sometimes NhaNc3 uses a slightly different format which does go through ok on 6-channel.

Hope that helps.

3. ndenbow

ndenbow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I had a similar problem with Encode360 with some of these files. I narrowed it down to the audio codec and never resolved it. I tried the Combine COmmunity Codec pack and K-Lite and nothing I tried worked. There were a few cryptic clues on the Encode360 forum site but nothing definitive.

The only way I could get the re-encode to complete was to down-mix the audio to 2-channel. I think the offending audio format was A_AAC 6-channel? Sometimes NhaNc3 uses a slightly different format which does go through ok on 6-channel.

Hope that helps.

4. Stoke192

Stoke192
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,055
    You'll get a better response on the PS3 boards to your conversion probs :)