NFS MW : One of the worst lauch titles for a console

Maybe the worst is an exageration(spelling?), GUN and kameo may be worse but there is no way the game is one of the best launch titles ever, never mind the 360 alone

WhiteHartMart

Distinguished Member
All down to personal opinion I guess - I didn't like the demo of NFS - thought it was awful.

Don't agree on Kameo though - thought that game was awesome - somoee truly awe inspiring moments when viewed on a HD panel!:thumbsup:

MonkeyKnuckle

Novice Member
:rolleyes:
we have had sooooooo many anti-nfsmw and i thought it was a nice change that there was a thread where people could talk about the game without being told its crap every 5 posts. oh well.

ps. nice original title

i got the game with my 360 an couldnt believe how bad its gameplay was. and compared to other launch games graphics it was terrible. it was like an original xbox game. But i just couldnt believe somebody thinks its one of the best launch titles ever!! lol

MonkeyKnuckle

Novice Member
have you actually read that other thread, i think you will find only about 2 people in it think it is the best launch title ever, but that doesnt matter, its all opinion.

what do you think is the best launch title ever?

i think it would be unfair to say because i have bought a few consoles on launch and there have been some great games in their days. The 360 launch line-up was quite impressive and i think Call of Duty 2 is good because of Gameplay, sound, graphics and the fact that it was a challenge on veteran mode, makes it a great game. And when the patch comes out and multiplayer is sorted it will be fantastic

Steve-L

Novice Member
bishman said:
Mario 64 was the best launch title ever :thumbsup: .

:rotfl: See... it's all down to personal opinion - I personally despise all things mario so that could well be my "Worst Launch Title Ever"... :rotfl:

However I have really enjoyed all three of the games the OP mentioned - especially NFSMW and Kameo... each to their own. :smashin:

Personally I think COD2 was the best 360 launch title :thumbsup:

EDIT: Best launch game ever? Hmmmm, probably Ridge Racer on the PSOne for me - my jaw dropped when I saw the demo of this running in HMV and I ended up buying a PSOne and RR on the spot! :smashin:

Noggin1980

michaelT1888 said:
Maybe the worst is an exageration(spelling?), GUN and kameo may be worse but there is no way the game is one of the best launch titles ever, never mind the 360 alone

No way in the world that kameo is one of the worst launch titles ever for a console. Just because something isn't your thing doesn't make it bad.

Gun is a good game as well, it doesn't take advantage of the 360 really, its pretty much just a high rez port. But that doesn't make it a bad game.

I also thought NFS was alot of fun though I agree that it isn't one of the best launch titles ever for a console.

VILLAn66

Novice Member
bishman said:
Mario 64 was the best launch title ever :thumbsup: .

Ah yes.. what a triumph of gameplay + graphics. I remember getting my N64 home on launch day and playing that little beauty for the rest of the day.

I can't think of a better launch title TBH.

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
MonkeyKnuckle86 said:
have you actually read that other thread, i think you will find only about 2 people in it think it is the best launch title ever, but that doesnt matter, its all opinion.

what do you think is the best launch title ever?

Couldn't agree more. Although I wouldn't rate the game as "one of the best launch titles ever", I thinks despite it's faults, it's a good game. Certainly doesn't deserve all the knocking it gets. There have been far worse launch titles than NFS:MW that's for sure.

Noggin1980 said:
No way in the world that kameo is one of the worst launch titles ever for a console. Just because something isn't your thing doesn't make it bad.

Gun is a good game as well, it doesn't take advantage of the 360 really, its pretty much just a high rez port. But that doesn't make it a bad game.

I also thought NFS was alot of fun though I agree that it isn't one of the best launch titles ever for a console.

I amnt saying these games are the worst launch titles ever, i am just making the point that NFS:MW isnt the BEST launch title ever to rival the post saying otherwise

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
michaelT1888 said:

Kameo is a superb launch title - absolutely loved it - it's fun, gorgeous to look at and well structured. NFS:MW has framerate issues but there are a million and one worse launch titles to be honest. I mean just look at Fantavision for example if you want a really dire launch game :D.

Steve-L

Novice Member
CAS FAN said:
Kameo is a superb launch title - absolutely loved it - it's fun, gorgeous to look at and well structured. NFS:MW has framerate issues but there are a million and one worse launch titles to be honest. I mean just look at Fantavision for example if you want a really dire launch game :D.

Would make a great Live Arcade game though - it was a nice relaxing and enjoyable distraction... but a laughable "full price" game... :rolleyes:

jimnorth

VILLAn66 said:
Ah yes.. what a triumph of gameplay + graphics. I remember getting my N64 home on launch day and playing that little beauty for the rest of the day.

I can't think of a better launch title TBH.

How about Ridge Racer on the PSX???
Super Mario World and Pilot Wings on the SNES???

But I do agree....Mario 64 was a bit special. :thumbsup:

Vini

NFSMW, was a great launch title for the 360... it had me hooked. it was soo good, because everything else wasnt.

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
MonkeyKnuckle86 said:
thats one of my all time great games:eek: ;) :D

Thank the lord that you included a sequence of smilies after that comment :D.

MonkeyKnuckle

Novice Member
suspicious.gif

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
Steve-L said:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Is that you while you practice your "southpaw" technique :rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I don't want to know what his left hand is practicing there!

Pooon

Distinguished Member
Fantavision was amazing, almost as good as Dark Summit for the xbox launch

vaporand

Novice Member
michaelT1888 said:

whats the point in creating another negative post for this game? waste of time

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
Pooon said:
Fantavision was amazing, almost as good as Dark Summit for the xbox launch

Never had the misfortune to play Dark Summit but I notice that it got marks in the 60%'s across all formats so probably just as well :D.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Samsung teases 76-inch MicroLED TV plus flagship Q950A soundbar
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Amazon Music fully available on Android TV and Google TV platforms
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sony announces A90J UK/EU price and March availability
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 27th February 2021