NFS: Hot Pursuit

pbb76

Cannot find a thread for this on the PC board.

Just literally picked it up and will install it later.

Anyone else got it? Need to add some peeps for the AutoLog thingy!

SuperSportBilly

I would be interested to hear you thoughts on this - had my eye on 360 version but I'm waiting for it to drop below £30 even a £17.99 special - might be waiting a long time.

Saw it on ebay for £15.49 for PC download key via EA download manager - so tempting.

Saw a PC v 360 v PS3 comparison on Eurogamer and PC version fared well minus a less intuitive friends system for autolog but we can create a list here to get around that problem :)

Cheers

pbb76

I would be interested to hear you thoughts on this - had my eye on 360 version but I'm waiting for it to drop below £30 even a £17.99 special - might be waiting a long time.

Saw it on ebay for £15.49 for PC download key via EA download manager - so tempting.

Saw a PC v 360 v PS3 comparison on Eurogamer and PC version fared well minus a less intuitive friends system for autolog but we can create a list here to get around that problem :)

Cheers
Had a go tonight and really enjoyed it too be honest.

Very arcadey as you'd expect coming from criterion, but the handling is responsive, lots of unlocks and the cops and robbers style gameplay is fun.

Online was flawless and surprisingly well populated. Every race had a full field of 8.

Any specific questions?

pbb76

Also, one of the key parts of peoples enjoyment that I have read is the autolog and having no friends yet means it hasn't quite gripped me, but I like the idea and it works very well in game.

Just need some friends now!

..El Nino..

Played this an hour ago on xbox, the worst handling i've ever seen in any NFS game, even most wanted!! When you slide round corners the cars feel like they have disconnected from the road and you can spin the car left and right like its on an elevated pivot. Love the presentation and everything else and its not too bad looking either but the handling!! :thumbsdow

Is the PC the same?

pbb76

Played this an hour ago on xbox, the worst handling i've ever seen in any NFS game, even most wanted!! When you slide round corners the cars feel like they have disconnected from the road and you can spin the car left and right like its on an elevated pivot. Love the presentation and everything else and its not too bad looking either but the handling!! :thumbsdow

Is the PC the same?
Yea, pretty much - but once you learn how to use the handbrake (i.e. a quick tap, rather than holding it down) then you can do some very nice controlled slides - even throttle off sliding too.

Did you play the demo? Apparently the demo has really poor handling compared to the final product - everyone has said what a difference there is.

mozza54

See I really liked the handling of the cars and found it pretty cool to play. Ive played a few races on the single player and so far Im impressed.

The game is very much a spiritual sequel to burnout so it handles a lot like it

Sega Mega Dave

Distinguished Member
I thought the game was pretty good, just annoys me that the lazy bar stewards couldn't put some decent raphical options in, i mean no AA what's that all about?

pbb76

If anyone has it on PC then, please add me!

Username in game is - pboreham

Leave your tags here and I'll add everyone.

:lease:

pbb76

I thought the game was pretty good, just annoys me that the lazy bar stewards couldn't put some decent raphical options in, i mean no AA what's that all about?
Looks pretty good on my rig without AA? Love the lighting effects - very well done (like the police lights in tunnels)

Sega Mega Dave

Distinguished Member
It does look good i agree but they're very noticeable jaggies on the cars which just annoys me, small issue to be fair though.

SuperSportBilly

I ordered the code from ebay yesterday and got it within half an hour - slightly nervous but the code activated the download. Inserted the key code in game and working perfectly.

Was a bit unsure at getting the code for £15.49 - the game itself is £29.99 on the EA download store itself and cheapest retail game via gamestracker is showing at £24.75.

So seems fair enough mind you sometimes they do send out a code to get good feedback and then pocket the cash that then comes in - pay by paypal and you shouldn't lose anything.

Here is the link from where I got the working code - Need for Speed Hot Pursuit PC EA Download Manager Code £15.49

Tag in game is SuperSportBilly.

Had a very quick go last night seems very good fun - handles fine and graphics are nice - will be interesting to see how it plays out I notice that the races are always really close irrespective of how well I'm doing - fairly extreme catchup logic ?

Only done a couple of races - but it will be about beating friends times anyway. Not tried online yet.

Looks good value compared to console versions for less than half the price for twice the frame rate - locked 60FPS instead of locked 30FPS so it is arguably 4 times the value of the console versions :confused: Half price for twice the framerate :D

Cheers

pbb76

I ordered the code from ebay yesterday and got it within half an hour - slightly nervous but the code activated the download. Inserted the key code in game and working perfectly.

Was a bit unsure at getting the code for £15.49 - the game itself is £29.99 on the EA download store itself and cheapest retail game via gamestracker is showing at £24.75.

So seems fair enough mind you sometimes they do send out a code to get good feedback and then pocket the cash that then comes in - pay by paypal and you shouldn't lose anything.

Here is the link from where I got the working code - Need for Speed Hot Pursuit PC EA Download Manager Code £15.49

Tag in game is SuperSportBilly.

Had a very quick go last night seems very good fun - handles fine and graphics are nice - will be interesting to see how it plays out I notice that the races are always really close irrespective of how well I'm doing - fairly extreme catchup logic ?

Only done a couple of races - but it will be about beating friends times anyway. Not tried online yet.

Looks good value compared to console versions for less than half the price for twice the frame rate - locked 60FPS instead of locked 30FPS so it is arguably 4 times the value of the console versions :confused: Half price for twice the framerate :D

Cheers
Cool, I'll add you later when I get back on it!

I think I have only seen a handful of other english language players. I had to delete a load of friends as their autolog stuff just came up as blocks as I didnt have the language fonts or something weird....

Love the game and think im level 12 for cop and racer...

Joe Pineapples

Played the PS3 demo a bit and liked it a lot - especially trying to beat your friends times. Got a lot of outlay with it coming up to christmas, but when I can afford it, I will be buying the PC version too. Will post my name to be added to AVF friends list as well.

cheers
joe

Last edited:

SuperSportBilly

So what are your in game names schjones, Gamingchimp, Sega Mega Dave and mozza54.

Mines - SuperSportBilly so feel free to add me.

Cheers

pbb76

So what are your in game names schjones, Gamingchimp, Sega Mega Dave and mozza54.

Mines - SuperSportBilly so feel free to add me.

Cheers
And mine is pboreham

I recommend adding a load of randoms you come up against too. Most are willing to add you and it does make the game even better when you are getting live challenges from AutoLog pop up during your game.

added both :) wont put mine up here as im trying to cut them down, i keep coming last on the wall and thats no fun :p

JustinJ004

I have been getting into this over the weekend and think it's awesome. Had a few races against randoms online which wasn't too bad tbh.

Shall will get a list on names going so we can all add each other?

Edit list so far:
SuperSportBilly
pboreham
JustinJ007

:thumbsup:

Sunshinewelly

did anyone else purchase the code from ebay and if so was there any problems with purchase

Joe Pineapples

did anyone else purchase the code from ebay and if so was there any problems with purchase
Yeah, would like to know on this as well. The one guy that left negative feedback on there, twice! (did he try buying two keys?), says the key came up as being used. Kind of a bit worrying, even with the other positive comments.

Deadringers

bought this on the sales yesterday.

Had a quick play today and really liking it :)

not too sure about the handling though. It seems very very very responsive and it does feel as if it is too fast.

Also the acceleration seems a bit weird. using my xbox controller I press the right trigger lightly so that i pull away slowly but it still has tyre spin and the car shakes about?
but my speedo is showing a gradual increase to about 20 mph!?

not the best for realism if you ask me.
Yes it is a good laugh and the cars sound and look great, especially with the 5.1 sound but for me the handling is just not that realistic.

It's not suppossed to be realistic though mate, it's an arcade racer similair to Burnout but better IMO. I have been playing it and think it's actually pretty good handling wise for an arcade racer, the cars don't float at least like most arcade racers, they actually have some weight to them. Graphics are bloody great, especially when it rains and it's a great chillout racer.

You want realisim, get NetKarPro :smashin:

true but a little bit more realism would be better.

But still I love the effects in the tunnels with the lights :)
Wait for SHIFT2 then mate as that should fill your needs. The lighting on this amazing as you say through the tunnels, it's a peach of an engine. Also, the visual damage i like and the car models are extremely good.

mjn

Distinguished Member
As soon as this drops to £9.99....i'll pick up a copy.

Trending threads

Latest news

T+A expands E-Series with PA 1100E integrated amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins unveils new PX wireless ANC headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Roku Premiere streaming device with 4K HDR hits UK
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
CTA launches 8K UHD TV display certification programme