NFS Hot Pursuit: Play & Help Thread

Lancia34

Distinguished Member
Thought I'd start a Play & Help Thread on this. I know it's not out for a few days but can get warmed up :)

Lancia34

Distinguished Member
I'm having to play online with Americans at the moment which sucks, although Hot Pursuits are sooo much fun :smashin:

I think the multiplayer might be some of the best ever created :thumbsup:

Sucks that I'm out the country for a week from Saturday and won't be able to play some online with normal people until I get back :laugh:

Darth_terra

Distinguished Member
I'm having to play online with Americans at the moment which sucks, although Hot Pursuits are sooo much fun :smashin:

I think the multiplayer might be some of the best ever created :thumbsup:

Sucks that I'm out the country for a week from Saturday and won't be able to play some online with normal people until I get back :laugh:

lol I'm having great fun as you say online play is really great, the servers are worldwide so you get a mix of people i had European and american in one game you can tell the american players as they have their head sets on with loud music playing and yelling when they take you down or when you take them down :D.

The devs are having a online gaming session on Saturday & Sunday from 7pm-9Pm I think i'll enter and see if i can kick ass :devil:

Lancia34

Distinguished Member
l

The devs are having a online gaming session on Saturday & Sunday from 7pm-9Pm I think i'll enter and see if i can kick ass :devil:

Yeh good luck with that..trust me some of the devs are like robots!!

Try getting 1:12.40 on Vanishing Point, impossible. My best is 1:13.08 and that is doing everything exactly the same :laugh:

[email protected]

Played for a few hours yesterday and loving it. The demo was not a good representation of the cars/game/handling of the actual game. I got to grips quite fast with the handling and was getting a few good times, but there are certainly some shortcuts that are very useful and some that are completely useless :)

Enjoying the cops chasing racers more than the straight time trial type races but I'm sure that'll come with a little more time. Cars seem to unlock after almost every race and a nice selection too.

Magus

I received my copy yesterday too & had a couple of hours yesterday. Really like it but in all honesty I'm not sure how much I will play it once GT5 is out but definitely going to keep it as it's a top game.

Unfortunately not many people on my Friends list have this game so am comparing scores with one fellow 'AVF-er'. Can I send some FR out to you guys? I rarely play online but would like to challenge myself against some of the targets you guys set in career mode.

[email protected]

Happy to be added, don't bother with lancia/riggs he's had his copy for far too long and some of his times are just silly ;)

I must admit the autolog system is gonna be a serious drain on me cos when your only 0.5 secs away from beating someone "just one more go" seems to last for ever :D

Darth_terra

Distinguished Member
feel free to add me Magus the more the merrier, give online Hot pursuit a go it really is a lot of fun and it also helps towards your leveling :)

p9ul

Distinguished Member
Played for a few hours yesterday and loving it. The demo was not a good representation of the cars/game/handling of the actual game. I got to grips quite fast with the handling and was getting a few good times, but there are certainly some shortcuts that are very useful and some that are completely useless :)

Enjoying the cops chasing racers more than the straight time trial type races but I'm sure that'll come with a little more time. Cars seem to unlock after almost every race and a nice selection too.

Glad to hear it - despite not rating the demo I'm gonna go pick this up later...

Lancia34

Distinguished Member
Happy to be added, don't bother with lancia/riggs he's had his copy for far too long and some of his times are just silly ;)

Lol - they're not that great...please add me if you want :)
You'll find that there is a certain way of doing things like Hot Pursuits etc... which means you can bust people quite quickly ;)
I still struggle a bit on the Rapid Response and Preview races (where you are just racing from A to B with no cops) - seriously low times to get Gold.

Few Tips:

-As a racer just drive on the wrong side all the time to build up boost
-Boost up hills as that's where you lose a lot of speed
-not all shortcuts are quicker
-don't use the handbrake to slide and don't slide round corners unless you have to as you lose speed
-if sliding then use boost when coming out the corner

Should help a bit :smashin:

cjpaul

Feel free to add me Magus.

Going by the positive reviews and the consensus here I think I'm gonna have to give in and buy this on way home from work. So much for putting my game purchases on hold until GT5 next Wednesday!

Robothamster

Distinguished Member

How in depth is free roam compared to Burnout paradise? Or is it not really part of the game at all? Reviews I've read don't seem to go into it much?

[email protected]

I actually haven't tried the freeroam yet, got so caught up in the racing that didn't feel the need to explore too much. Will report back when I've had a play though ... unless someone else can comment before.

Lancia34

Distinguished Member
How in depth is free roam compared to Burnout paradise? Or is it not really part of the game at all? Reviews I've read don't seem to go into it much?

It's not really anything. All you can do is basically drive around the tracks but there's nothing to do apart from maybe learn shortcuts or enjoy the beautiful scenery :)

mvf4

Anyone picked up a copy from HMV or Morrison? Just wondered how much, so I can get one on the way home. Cheers

Miyazaki

Distinguished Member
Got this yesterday its really good. I am lizard1980 on PSN if you would like to add me :thumbsup:

FurryGorilla

Hey chaps. Really looking forward to picking this up. Didn't get chance to play the demo as I was moving house unfortunately.

I was just wondering whether it supports custom playlists as really liked that in Burnout Paradise?

Cheers

Robothamster

Distinguished Member
It's not really anything. All you can do is basically drive around the tracks but there's nothing to do apart from maybe learn shortcuts or enjoy the beautiful scenery :)

Shame, just cruising was my favourite part of BP, looking for billboards, jumps etc.
I know it's not Burnout so doesn't HAVE to have that feature, I was just secretly hoping it would :D

Still will be getting this though, maybe after bored of GT5...

Lancia34

Distinguished Member
Hey chaps. Really looking forward to picking this up. Didn't get chance to play the demo as I was moving house unfortunately.

I was just wondering whether it supports custom playlists as really liked that in Burnout Paradise?

Cheers

I think it does, almost sure the XBox one does so PS3 one should as well. Don't quote me on that though :)

Darth_terra

Distinguished Member
The free roam is used for a couple of trophies where you need to be in a certain spot with a certain car that is a certain colour and take a pic to uplaod to your wall other than that it's not really used for anything other than maybe learning the routes and the short cuts.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

JVC adds Filmmaker Mode to latest D-ILA projector firmware
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins launches Px8 headphone
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sky set to launch its plug-and-play Sky Stream solution
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Movies Podcast: 26th September 2022