1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nforce 2 problem

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by fromheretodeath, May 10, 2005.

1. fromheretodeath

fromheretodeath

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey, I've got 6.1 creative speakers but I only use them as 5.1 because I have onboard nforce 2 audio (which is only 5.1 compatible). My motherboard is an a7n8x2.0 deluxe. I've installed all the latest drivers from the nforce website. The problem is, I use the speaker wizard to set up my speakers. The speaker wizard detects all the speakers and plays a sound through each speaker (front left, front right, rear left, rear right, front centre and sub) and sound IS produced from each speaker. When it reaches the end of the setup it plays a song, this is where the problem occurs. No sound is produced from either the centre speaker or the subwoofer and I don't know how to make it work. I've tried pretty much everythin I can think of, so if ne1 out there can help i'd be grateful. Cheers for your time.

2. stripe

stripe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +123
    I've got the same Mobo and I ended up rolling the drivers back to the older easier to work with ones.

3. KoThreads

KoThreads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +157
    same here, roll back or reinstall the old soundstorm drivers.

4. drummerjohn

drummerjohn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +184
    Same here - used one of the early drivers - they are more configurable.