1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nfocus connection to dvd and or Receiver

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by jazzman, Dec 20, 2004.

1. jazzman

jazzman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hello guys,

İ just need some advice on how to connect my x1 to my source which is going to be a dvd player at first then a receiver the dvd player will be probably a pioneer 575 ( a budget dvdplayer) and the receiver if i have the bucks might be the new Marantz sr-7500 in a few months

I was just about to order some cables from bluejeans mainly a 50 feet component video, but somebody told me that instead of using the connector i have in hand (got it form infocus 10 usd in the US) that goes in to the s-video (therefore usig the progressive scan capabilities of my pJ) i might get better picture quality by using the vga connection and therfore use the progreesive scan on my dvd player.

It is a dilemma since in that case i either am going to use a vesa to 3 female component converter and use the 7710A cable or 3 sets of 1694A wil the 10 usd connector that i will have to buy in that case lower the quality of the signal i get from the long 7710 cabe ? Any adivce ?

Or should i be using a cable with vesa connection on one side and component on the other ? But in that case i wont be able to use 1694A cables probably the best possibility will be 1505F taking in to consideration the length which one would be better what do you guys think ?

50 feet 1694A which is better for long distances on cable with a special connector 15 pin male to 3 female rca to be connected to the PJ or

50 feet 1505F which is still a good cable but not as good as 1694A (i hear)without a converter but as one cable one side vga male to x1 and the other side 3 male RCA to player or receiver

or a 50 feet vga cable one side female one side male with a 2 feet Vesa to component connector male vga to be connected to the long vga cable and 3 male RCA's to be connected to the player or receiver

Some advice will be highly appreciated

Besides Bluejeanscable that seems to be the No1 choice for overseas Belden order used by the forum members do you guys know any other reliable suppliers ?

in my google search i came across a company called ramelectronics ? www.ramelectronics.net anybody heard of them since i need a scart to component video converter as well and it seems like bluejeans dont have that equipment blue jeans doesnt even have vga cables as far as i can see either i was thinking about ordering from them. But if nobody has ever ordered anything from them i dont wanna take the risk. İ just might order the converter seperatly.

Thanks in advance guys for all the advice and best regards

:lease:

2. jazzman

jazzman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    help me out guys please

3. jazzman

jazzman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5

since nobody posted anything i asked the guys in Infocus USA and they told me to go with the vga to component adapter if any one is intersted to know