NFL Season Chat 2010-2011

After the start of the season as a Jets fan i can't complain, first week against the Ravens was pretty poor but since then there's been some good performances. Alot of talk to back of what Ryan kept spouting pre season but were' certainly looking one of the few consistent teams so far.

As for the NFL Fantasy team mines currently on 473 points, 1573rd over all. had a great start but the last two weeks have been very poor.

464 pts on mine. Had a nightmare 3 weeks after a strong start.

Good win for the Packers yesterday, defense has improved a lot compared to the last few games. Less stupid mistakes as well. Hope they can continue on now and push the Bears for the division top spot.

One weird thing this week and last week though, was how every now and again, Rodgers and the receivers seem totally out of sync. There was one play yesterday where the receiver stopped and the ball went way down field, really odd.

Did anyone go to the game at Wembley?

Well the NFC North is now a 2-horse race between the Packers and the Bears, after the latest Vikings loss and the shocking news they're about to release Randy Moss. Can see Childress completely losing the locker room, and potentially being gone at the end of the season.

Hopefully during our bye week the Bears o-line has learnt how to block opposing pass rushers!

But another strange week in what's turning out to be a completely wild season. Who would have seen the Raiders scoring over 90 points across 2 weeks, Detroit hammering the 'Skins, another win for KC.

Yeah I agree, it's a mad season aint it. Why have they released Moss? If anything, they should be questioning Favres performances and asking him why he's refusing treatment to his ankle at half time! When they played the Packers last week, he was hopping all over the place, didn't look comfortable at all.

After the Patriots game he apparently gave a press conference praising the Patriots team, and slating the coaching staff of the Vikings!

If he ends up rejoining the patriots off the waiver wire, the conspiracy theorists will be out in force :laugh:

Anyone else go to wembley? Thought the whol experience was awesome , geot all carried away by it all in finally getting to watch the niners. Was hoping Troy Smith would do well and he didnt let me down , great arm , good awareness and agility.

Frank did me proud in the fantasy team but players of the game for me were Takeo Spikes and the always awesome Patrick Willis. poor first half but what a 4th quarter!! love it

To finish though,

How bout dem cowboys?

:laugh::laugh:

The cheers when the score getting flashed up were deafening.

Going again for sure.

To finish though,

How bout dem cowboys?

:laugh::laugh:

The cheers when the score getting flashed up were deafening.

Going again for sure.

Am loving it as well! :clap:

When we played them on MNF last week, all the build up was about how this was going to be the game they were going to turn it around, but we were on fire, again (after a very scary start!). Thats 5 QBs we've taken out of the game so far this season. Our D are playing like people possesed, faking blitzes, faking 4-3 or 3-4 the other side are jsut getting so confused.

With the rest of the NFC not looking great i can actually see us getting to the Superbowl again.

Horrendous injury on Collie tonight... felt terrible because of all the booing (am an Eagles fan, but couldn't condone the behaviour of the stadium while the guy was still unconscious), but sounds like he's going to be OK from the news that's been fed back.

Looking forward to watching the highlights of the Raiders game with some crazy refereeing mixup over a touchdown.

How about those.......Browns?? Knocking off the Saints and the Patriots in quick succession, really shocking results.

Glad to see the Bears avoiding the banana skin of becoming the first team to lose to the Bills, who must be the most competitive 0-8 team in history. No picks for Cutler, but looking through the play-by-play looked like lots and lots of short, safe throws. We won't beat many teams playing like that - and against the worst run defence in the league we barely struggle to 100 yards as a team, with a poor yards per carry too. Still, a win is a win!

Falcons and Giants looking the class of the NFC at the moment, but Philly could be a dark horse for the 2nd half of the season.

Philly has some tough games coming up, but never thought I'd be so glad to see the Cowboys' name twice on the schedule given how last season ended! Really hope we're not the team they have a change of luck on, as two games against the Giants could be really painful.

Having Vick back is a massive boon, Kolb isn't a bad QB but the criticism levied against Reid now seems unjust. Love him or hate him, Vick is working really well for us. Game yesterday was tight, and the call on the Collie injury was a bit harsh (especially as it led to a TD) but I was expecting a loss against the Colts so the outcome is a pleasant surprise.

No guesses to where my allegiances lie here, but having once been the most prolific offensive machine the NFL has ever seen (10 Years ago) to self destructing and becoming the NFL laughing stock this past 4 years, I and my fellow fans at last have something to cheer about and the future now looks incredibly promising once again!

Yep, I'm talking about the once feared St Louis Rams (GSOT).

Here's a team thats picked 2nd, 2nd & 1st in the draft the last 3 years. That shows you just how bad this franchise had become. But now the RAMS have a new 100% owner in Stan Kroenke, famed for turning round flailing sports franchises like the NBA's Denver Nuggets & NHL's Colorado Avalanche into competitive teams. Already the Rams are starting to move in the right direction with their new Franchise QB at the helm (Sam Bradford). Half the season gone and he's knocked up 3 more wins in just 8 games than Peyton Manning had in his entire Rookie season! Bradford has done this work behind a good, but not great Offensive line with very little down field threat at the Wide Receiver position, which has been plagued by injuries to key personnel all season.

Lets not also forget the improving Defence of this team.. Chris Long is starting to really shine at DE in his 3rd season and James Laurinaitis (2nd Season) is showing his true form as the D's team captain. Pure raw talent right there... was also a great move from the team to re-sign Atogwe who is excelling as one of the leagues premium Safeties....

Here is a prominently young team with masses of potential yet to come, so look out for this franchise to start to get back to the GSOT days of old and become a regular face in the playoffs, which could realistically start this year with such a weak NFC West division... ;)

:clap:

Atogwe was a key retention for you guys, as well as Peppers he was the guy who I wanted my team (Bears) to pick up in Free Agency.

But Bradford really does look the real deal, with him and Steve Jackson you are set at the 2 critical skill positions for at least the next 5 years.

And being in the laughing stock NFC West certainly helps!! :smashin:

Now for those of us that are in the nfl uk fantasy game and picked our team before the baltimore/atlanta game thursday night , how many knew that on friday the game was unfrozen for repicking for sunday?

So in theory you could load up on a team you know will win , keep under the salary cap , scalp a load of points and then reset with a spread for the sunday/monday games..

Its something to remember for next thursday..

whats up with the picture quality on the titans/jets game? its awful. Not as bad as the stutter vision of the bears at the dolphins from thrusday night but still...........

Following the Vikings hammering by the Packers, will they now switch to Jackson? Favre to retire mid-season?

Did you watch the game? The last game a few weeks ago was a lot closer, but Favre was poor then, he must have been awful yesterday. Really surprised they are sticking with him.

Well now Childress has been given the boot, interesting to see what Frazier does. If he thinks he is auditioning for the role on a permanent basis, I wouldn't at all be surprised if he benches Favre.

And with Randy Moss being in Tennessee now, and Vince Youngs latest outburst, what odds Favre being a Titan next year ;)

In a slap in the face ;) to those of us that always enjoyed "Favre Watch ©" each year he's already said he wont be back for next year.

Wonder when singeltary will realise his tired old " have to watch the film" means nowt as he cant coach at that level.

on a side note , what a comeback from auburn at alabama last night.

Whilst thinking that a lot of the criticism aimed at the Bears has been unjustified this year, I was thinking we weren't really amongst the top echelon of the teams in the NFC. However, after beating the Eagles last night (in a game not really as close as the final score) i'm being turned into more of a believer. We finally seem to have corrected a lot of the line issues from earlier in the season, and the defense is really playing at an elite level.

Although the Eagles ended up outgaining us overall, 170 of their yards were in the fourth quarter when we were simply playing prevent cover 2 from being up by 18 and wanting to avoid the big play. By the time we had built our lead and backed off, Vick's stats were very ordinary.

I think it could be a very close finish to the season in that conference Dazza. Both the Bears and Packers have roughly the same run in.

You've got Vikings and Lions, we've got 49ers and Lions, all winnable I think.

Both have Patriots, us playing them away, you playing them home, tough game.

You've got Jets, we've got Giants, tough games, but should be winnable.

Then final game we've got each other.

A lot is gonna ride on the games against the Pats I think, we probably need to win and you to lose to take it to the final game.

Agreed - to be honest I think we have a maxiumum of 3 wins left, and with the games against the Vikes and Lions being road games I am less confident than if they were at Soldier field. The Pats game being at home doesn't really give us a great weather advantage as they are used to cold weather winter games anyway.

So I do actually predict the Pack to win the division, and hopefully for us to sneak in as a wildcard alongside the Saints. I think the Giants will fall away as the injuries to their WR corps take their toll

this season is getting better and better. two big games this week in baltimore and foxborough ... means a lot of fun ... and little sleep :)

Another 26 points off mike vick , course of id put in foster , johnson and akers like i was going to id have 85 points...oh well.

Just have to hope bowe , forte and marin do the honours. I need a good week to take my mind off the fact the niners are quite likely to get a good malletting at lambeau...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom