NFL 2012 - Sky Deal Confirmed

meltonboy

Prominent Member
Reaction score
NFL UK have confirmed a 3 year deal with sky - starting tonight with the 2012 opening game (DAL @ NYG).

So we have sunday afternoon and early evening games on SS, with SNF on C4.

Sky Sports announces three-year NFL deal | NFL UK

Sky Sports has been awarded a new three-year deal for live American Football, providing viewers with over 60 live NFL games a season including the International Series game at Wembley Stadium, the playoffs and the Super Bowl.

The agreement takes the partnership between Sky Sports and the NFL into its 20th year with coverage across TV, mobile, online and tablet devices.

Beginning with Wednesday night's season opening clash between the Dallas Cowboys and Super Bowl champions New York Giants, Sky's coverage for the 2012, 2013, and 2014 seasons will comprise:

• REGULAR SEASON: Two live prime time fixtures every Sunday kicking off at 6pm and 9.15pm, three Thanksgiving Day clashes, plus regular matches on Thursday nights.

• PLAYOFFS AND SUPER BOWL: Live coverage of every wild card, divisional and Conference Championship playoff match, plus live coverage of the annual season ending Super Bowl.

• SUPPORT PROGRAMMING: The NFL's RedZone score update show every Sunday of the regular season available via the red button, NFL Total Access twice a week and watch out for news of exciting new regular season midweek coverage.

NFL coverage on Sky Sports is presented by Kevin Cadle, who will be joined during the season by studio guests including Neil Reynolds and Cecil Martin. Sky Sports News HD will also provide up to date news, views and previews throughout the season while skysports.com/NFL will offer extensive gridiron coverage.

Speaking about the new agreement managing Director for the NFL UK Alistair Kirkwood said: “We are delighted to extend the relationship between the NFL and Sky Sports into its twentieth year. Through their coverage the game has attracted many new fans in this country, and we look forward to another three seasons of excellent coverage of including the International Series matches at Wembley and the next three Super Bowls.”

Kevin Cadle said: “This new deal is great news for NFL fans in the UK: primetime coverage of two matches on Sunday evenings, RedZone, the International Series and Super Bowl all for the next 3 years! We start our new season with some great games: last season’s Super Bowl champions New York Giants at home to the Dallas Cowboys, then the Indianapolis Colts who include No1 draft pick Andrew Luck away to the Chicago Bears and on the following Sunday we get our first look at the St Louis Rams who will be coming over to the UK for the International Series in October. There are so many ways for NFL fans in the UK to keep up with what’s going on including RedZone during our live match coverage, the Total Access Show, and fans can let us know what they think about the game using our Twitter page @SkySportsNFL.”

Monday night games on the BBC , what a result

Monday night games on the BBC , what a result

Although red button presumably means there is no recording capability.

Do we know if it would be on iplayer ?

Meanwhile the C4 SNF game is in HD for the first time this season :)

MB

Can't see any listing on my epg for the BBC games :-(

Lots of coverage this year so I'm a happy bunny . IPlayer would be fantastic

Was hoping to get a half price sky sports code so i could watch the NFL but alas has timed out.

Go Colts!!!

Although red button presumably means there is no recording capability.

Do we know if it would be on iplayer ?

Meanwhile the C4 SNF game is in HD for the first time this season :)

MB
You could get a cheap freeview recorder, that would let you record off channel 301, 302 etc...

For the past few season i have managed not to subscribe to SS thanks to the C4 coverage ie record SNF and watch on monday nights without the breaks.

The statement is not 100% clear on thursday night games (which now seems to be a regular thing on the NFL schedule). It doesnt actually say every thrusday night game. This might interest me enough to subscribe.

I guess we'll wait and see.

Go Cowboys - the current best record in 2012 NFL :)

MB

I only have SS and sky for that matter because of NFL even though I struggle to get the time to watch more than one game a week Anyway . I much prefer channel 4 coverage with mike presenting.

Still need sky for playoffs :-(
I was so close to buying the nfl game pass until I realised I would need sky for the play offs

I only have SS and sky for that matter because of NFL even though I struggle to get the time to watch more than one game a week Anyway . I much prefer channel 4 coverage with mike presenting.

Still need sky for playoffs :-(
I was so close to buying the nfl game pass until I realised I would need sky for the play offs

Much like me. Before junior meltonboys came along, i would hapiliy sit on the sofa for 7 hours on a sunday evening watching NFL and then cancel SS after the season.

Now having SNF to watch on monday night and in HD is perfect for my fix. Being in the UK, you can easily avoid the score and watch the game without knowing the result and skipping the breaks.

Last year i didnt bother wioth SS for the playoff either (influenced by the fact that the cowboys didn't make it) and quite enjoyed the BBC highlights programmes.

MB

I am usually a few months behind , I went to the Wembley game last year without getting around to watching any of the games beforehand .
One year I had the sky plus box full and the misses would moan because of it and I'd gotten to June and worked my way up to the play offs when reading a home cinema magazine review of some tv announced how great it was watching the pats ( I think) win the superpower in Hd . I was so gutted as like you say it's easy to not find out the scores or so I thought . The year green bay won the super bowl I had just started watching the play offs by super bowl weekend when I bumped into a packers fan wearing his packers jacket . Of all the luck huh

If your into your American football I highly recommend a HBO series called Hard Knocks, it's been running for about 10 years and follows a different team through pre season camp, just watched the Miami Dolphins camp, very interesting stuff. It shows how ruthless they can be when cutting and trading players and also the athleticism of them as well.

A few years ago i used to watch the superbowl on monday night, until one monday morning i received an email from a mate, which read "how about them Giants ??" :rolleyes:

I now record it and get up 2 hours early in the morning and watch it without the breaks :)

I have just seen that MNF is on iplayer for a week each time.

This means no need to worry about the fact that you cant record off the red button on virgin tivo.

Looks like i will now be watching two games per week :)

MB

Fantastic thanks for the heads up

Another heads up - MNF has now made it to the BBC HD channel. Not sure if tonight is the first, but its on tonight / tomorrow morning at 0125 ish.

The iplayer didn't work for this on virgin, so this is great for me - plus in HD :)

MB

Thanks for the heads up. I have barely watched a game this season as been to busy :-(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom