Nexus 5 Repair gone wrong... !

bobalog

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Wondering if anyone on here has any ideas....

Basically, I replaced the screen on my girlfriends Nexus 5. Went through one of the many tutorials on youtube and to my relief it turned on and everything worked fine.

This relief was short lived. In about 30 minutes, the phone turned itself off and then wouldn't go back on. This morning, I took it apart again and checked all the connections and it all seemed to be ok.

Now stuck!

Any help, much appreciated!

I did replace my screen.
Everything was fine until I charged it & it wouldn't ! It showed it being charged on the screen but it wasn't, it died & wouldn't turn on.

Basically I damaged the ribbon connecting the battery ether when taking out or back in.

I replaced the battery with a new one from eBay & all was fine (using kid gloves the second time).

There really can't be any other reason for its death ? If it worked after the screen replacement then the battery is the logical explanation.

Hi Andi,

Thanks for the message. Was the damage easily noticable? Or did you assume that the battery must be the issue?

No noticeable damage at all !

There is a YouTube video with the same problems as you & a new battery solved it for him too... They are very cheap on eBay, it's worth a punt !

Thanks again Andi,

I think i'll give it a go. Don't suppose you have a link to that youtube vid do you? I can't find it.

Found it !

Awesome!
I don't have any battery symbol when I plug it in, but I think you're right. The battery was awkward to get out. Fingers crossed.

Awesome!
I don't have any battery symbol when I plug it in, but I think you're right. The battery was awkward to get out. Fingers crossed.
Did it work ?

Nope!

I have a feeling it may be bricked. I will try and put the old, cracked screen back in at some point, but haven't had time.

Nope!

I have a feeling it may be bricked. I will try and put the old, cracked screen back in at some point, but haven't had time.
I maybe able to help if you need new guts ! Mine the out side is gone, I bought a cheap screen, it's well & truly smash in & the outer part is no use to anyone. I can sell you the phone as is & you can use the mobo, battery & other parts ? I have the box & bits. If your interested I'll place it in the classifieds ready for you.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom