Nexus 10 Battery Problem

Discussion in 'Tablets Forum' started by sirteuk, Mar 14, 2013.

1. sirteuk

sirteuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Received my new Nexus 10 16GB on March 5th.The tablet has lived up to all I was expecting except for the battery, the best screen on time I have got has been about 4 hours from fully charged.
    Yesterday I received a new Pogo charger so charged the tablet to 96% and then used the tablet on the internet for exactly 2 hours during which time the battery charge level fell to 69%.
    I got a call back through Google support to their device hardware technical Dept, where it was decided that a replacement tablet would be sent as upwards of 7 hours would be expected from internet usage, not the 4 hours I was getting.
    I originally thought that the battery would improve after a number of charges, two of which were from a fully discharged tablet but that has not been the case.
    I have checked various forums and have not found that this is a common problem so hopefully this is a one off, or has anyone else had the same problem?

2. crockett

crockett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Some questions come to mind. Did you run your tests with the default app list or have you added any? What were your screen display brightness settings set to? Finally what software version is your tablet running? Some sites are CPU intensive so that could be an issue as well...

3. sirteuk

sirteuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    All apps closed except the Boat browser
    GPS off
    Weather widget on
    Google calendar on
    Display brightness 20%
    The Google tech guy I spoke to reckons 50% screen brightness should be good for 7 hours general browsing including YouTube streaming