Nextbase in Ireland

Liam C

Novice Member
Reaction score
The battery in my Nextbase 522GW needs to be replaced. I bought the dashcam in Halfords, Dublin, Ireland. Unfortunately they don't service dash cams.
Contact ongoing with Nextbase Support in UK since early June. Finally, after many emails & calls, they advised I ship the dashcam to them for battery replacement. All packaged up, I brought the unit to my local Post Office.
Alas, Post Office refused to accept / ship the dash cam as it contains a battery. Two shipping companies informed me of the same. They will not accept products containing batteries to be shipped from Ireland to UK.
Hence, a very frustrating conversation with Nextbase UK: "It can be repaired".
Me: 'Not so, if I can't ship it to you'
The very frustrating phone conversation lasted 20 minutes during which I was told repeatedly that it 'can be repaired'. There is only so many times I could hear that mantra repeated. Thus, I would advise any motorist contemplating purchasing a Nextbase in Ireland be advised.......battery replacement will be required ......."it can be done"..........but getting the dashcam to Nextbase is a significant challenge. You may have to replace the battery on more than one occasion........all worthy of consideration before you make your purchase.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom