Nextbase 522GW

Hello,

Check your card is a U3 (should be in the corner of the card) if its a U1 this will be what is causing the issue (the same thing happened with me and now I chawed the card over it works fine.

From Google - U3 means the SD card has a minimum WRITE speed of 30MB/s as opposed to a U1 SD card which WRITES at a slower 10MB/s

If you are using a U3 card already then sorry I can be of no further help, but someone may be able to advise.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hello,

Check your card is a U3 (should be in the corner of the card) if its a U1 this will be what is caddying the issue (the same thing happened with me and now I chawed the card over it works fine.

From Google - U3 means the SD card has a minimum WRITE speed of 30MB/s as opposed to a U1 SD card which WRITES at a slower 10MB/s

If you are using a U3 card already then sorry I can be of no further help, but someone may be able to advise.

Thanks

Thanks for the advice - yeah its defo the U3, its the recommended NextBase own brand card for this model (and from them, so not a fake) . i used another U3 card by Samsung as well just to try it and its exactly the same problem. I've also reduced output to 1080 and one image instead of the main size and the small copy and excluded Audio.

Ok, I'm no expert.

Have you checked that the connection between the front and rear camera is still in place (may did come lose when first fitted due to it was installed poorly).

I think its a 3.5mm jack from the rear camera that connects to the front camera?

Yeah all separated and remade - there's a 3.5mm male sticks out of the rear golfball, that plugs into a 3.5mm female on the lead that then runs back to the front unit where there's a USB type plug, so all separated, and firmly clicked back in. No chance of any cable damage as i ran the leads myself - Ford, so just tucks gently away under the flaps with no effort. Thanks for your time, appreciated.

I have a nextbase support ticket, I'll post what they say. So far they've just checked I have the correct SD, and should get back again shortly. .

Have your factory reset the camera and formatted the card in the camera ?

Have your factory reset the camera and formatted the card in the camera ?
Hello - yes factory reset as in the "pin" reset has been done several times and reformatted the card several times. Actually after one time it did properly start up and engage the front and rear and we thought it was fixed, but next time we turned on was back to the problem again.

OK I did see an option for that. I'll do all three - the factory reset you mention, the pin reset and reformat the card again. I'll let you know how that goes !

Okey dokey, I did the full factory reset in the menu's, the pin reset underneath and reformatted the card....all in that order and the rear camera is now .... working. Slight caution since I did this before and it worked... for a day. But this time it started, closed and restarted and I went for a little drive and it was STILL ( ! ) working both ends.

Thanks for the help guys, really appreciated, will let you know if it keeps working.

Okey dokey, I did the full factory reset in the menu's, the pin reset underneath and reformatted the card....all in that order and the rear camera is now .... working. Slight caution since I did this before and it worked... for a day. But this time it started, closed and restarted and I went for a little drive and it was STILL ( ! ) working both ends.

Thanks for the help guys, really appreciated, will let you know if it keeps working.

It’s worth noting that you want to always format the card in the camera and format it every few weeks , good news it’s working 👍

Wow - Day 1 and still working - not totally confident yet, but started up, two images appeared, continued to record , flipped between the images a few times. No reason to think they haven;t recorded. Looking good, thanks guys. Obviously there's a bug in the set up firmware somewhere, as this shouldn't have been necessary but likely they'll fix it in a future release. Was nearlyready just to put it back in the box. Thanks for the help guys.,

Ok, think we're certain this is now consistently working. BTW NextBase Support came back and said this is a known problem which is caused by the plugs not being fully inserted, but I said they definitely are, we'd broken and remade all of the connections fully pushed in several times. So I gave the full solution (soft pin reset, factory reset and SD format all at the same time) and suggested this might be useful. Thanks so much for the help guys.

So I picked up one of these for my wife's car as I have the 512GW which I love, couple of things that I notice

1 The magnetic mount blooming heck that is stro, I think Thor would struggle releasing it

2 find the picture quality good but down a bit on exposure as was the 512 when bought but rectified in future firmwares

Back to the magnetic mount which is making me think of returning it as its almost impossible to release when mounted in windscreen, without messing up the mount and it feels like the mount itself will snap along with me thinking I may damage my windscreen
I have resorted in releasing the suction cup and releasing it that way
I'd really like to keep it so any tips or help releasing the cam after a journeyp

So I picked up one of these for my wife's car as I have the 512GW which I love, couple of things that I notice

1 The magnetic mount blooming heck that is stro, I think Thor would struggle releasing it

2 find the picture quality good but down a bit on exposure as was the 512 when bought but rectified in future firmwares

Back to the magnetic mount which is making me think of returning it as its almost impossible to release when mounted in windscreen, without messing up the mount and it feels like the mount itself will snap along with me thinking I may damage my windscreen
I have resorted in releasing the suction cup and releasing it that way
I'd really like to keep it so any tips or help releasing the cam after a journeyp

yeah , just pull it off 🤣🤣🤣

if you pull it off at an angle rather than straight away from the mount you will find it comes off quite easily 👍

yeah , just pull it off 🤣🤣🤣

if you pull it off at an angle rather than straight away from the mount you will find it comes off quite easily 👍
Cheers I must be doing it all wrong do you use both hands as the ball joint moves with it when trying to pull it

I've got my feet on the windscreen both hands on the cam and it's still not budging :)

Last edited:
Cheers I must be doing it all wrong do you use both hands as the ball joint moves with it when trying to pull it

I've got my feet on the windscreen both hands on the cam and it's still not budging :)

It’s hard to describe , but if you get hold of both sides of the camera and ease it off the mount rather than trying to yank it off it comes away quite easily , try a bit less brute force 🤣🤣🤣

Cheers

Will give it another go tomorrow,and try a bit of finesse, can see the ball joint getting loose overtime with it

Not sure why they changed the design as previous magnetic mount worked a charm

I have images of the cam coming off with the windscreen like those suction cups Autoglass use

Cheers

Will give it another go tomorrow,and try a bit of finesse, can see the ball joint getting loose overtime with it

Not sure why they changed the design as previous magnetic mount worked a charm

I have images of the cam coming off with the windscreen like those suction cups Autoglass use

you’ll be fine , just be less Arnie with it 🤣

OK it's still a pain but getting a grips slowly to it
Anyo notice the darkness of the video it's was the same with my 512gw until months down they updated the firmware

Also on the downloaded video I'm getting string of numbers and letters as it plays see picture any ideas or is my unit faulty

Attachments

• _20200901_190429.JPG
    _20200901_190429.JPG
    193.8 KB · Views: 115
Don’t know about the numbers but you can alter the exposure in the settings to brighten or darken the picture 👍

Hi
Got issue with the 522GW

Suddenly it has stopped recording the GPS data and speed and also does not show the sattelitte icon

I guess it's the mount that deals with the GPS signal?
I've checked all settings and they're all set to on

Thanks for any help

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom