Nextbase 522GW

Hi I just fitted the 522GW front and rear into an Astra-K. Seems to be working fine, I tapped it into the rear wiper fuse. Thinking I should change it to a permanent live feed though so the dashcam battery isn't drained. The hardwire kit contains a battery monitor. What have others done?

I would like to see the video feed on the car screen, anyone figured out how to do that yet? I have Android Auto but the Nextbase app doesn't seem to be selectable to show the live feed. Might be useful to use the rear camera as a parking aid.

Also, has anyone had any joy getting Alexa working? Mine is ignoring me.

Hi I just fitted the 522GW front and rear into an Astra-K. Seems to be working fine, I tapped it into the rear wiper fuse. Thinking I should change it to a permanent live feed though so the dashcam battery isn't drained. The hardwire kit contains a battery monitor. What have others done?

I would like to see the video feed on the car screen, anyone figured out how to do that yet? I have Android Auto but the Nextbase app doesn't seem to be selectable to show the live feed. Might be useful to use the rear camera as a parking aid.

Also, has anyone had any joy getting Alexa working? Mine is ignoring me.

see post #72 , I fitted front and rear in mine , have you got the rear screen cam ? , mine are in an astra k as well !!!!

Interesting, if I hadn't already bought and fitted the hardwire kit I might have bought that instead. Does the connector fit the windscreen mount? Yes I wired in the rear cam as well. Not happy with how much cable has to hang down!

On second thoughts the reviews on Amazon say the voltage protection of the OBD kit is unreliable and has drained their car battery. So maybe better to use the nextbase kit.

Last edited:
And there you go , been perfect in mine including being parked up for a week when we went on holiday , what do you mean by cable hanging down ?

I mean I ran the cable around the headlining to the centre of the hatchback, fitted the camera mount as high up in the rear screen as possible, but the cable is about a foot long from the lining to the camera.

I mean I ran the cable around the headlining to the centre of the hatchback, fitted the camera mount as high up in the rear screen as possible, but the cable is about a foot long from the lining to the camera.

Hatchback ?

Here you go , might help .....
image.jpg
F196ACCE-5FE2-47B6-99E8-D6845716FA24.jpeg

That helps. does the plastic just prise off to get the cable under it?

Paul, Did you find a way to show the camera feed on the Astra K screen?

Paul, Did you find a way to show the camera feed on the Astra K screen?

doubt there is an easy or cheap way to be honest ......

That helps. does the plastic just prise off to get the cable under it?

yeah , just be careful you don't break a clip , it will be tight though , pleased the info has helped !!!!

Last edited:
doubt there is an easy or cheap way to be honest ......

yeah , just be careful you don't break a clip , it will be tight though , pleased the info has helped !!!!

All routed and working. Stopping the dab radio interference was a pita. In the end I managed to do it by fitting a ferrite on the cable in the roof lining just above the rear driver's side passenger door, and pulling the cable straight into roof lining from the camera as much as possible to avoid running it along the rear screen.

The DAB interference and the size of the rear camera (camping means I'll end up knocking it off from a full car) means I'll probably go for the plug in side camera that fits to the main body.

Anyone else running one and how are you finding it, over a rear window cam?

The DAB interference and the size of the rear camera (camping means I'll end up knocking it off from a full car) means I'll probably go for the plug in side camera that fits to the main body.

Anyone else running one and how are you finding it, over a rear window cam?

I had the rear view camera plugged into the side of my 322gw but sent it back after a week. Thought the picture quality was poor, took ages to find a sweet spot between the seats and with a small back window, didn't think it was worth the money. Would definitely be better with the separate camera, but didn't fancy having to hardwire it all the way to the fuse box under the glove compartment, so just left it with front camera only.

I had the rear view camera plugged into the side of my 322gw but sent it back after a week. Thought the picture quality was poor, took ages to find a sweet spot between the seats and with a small back window, didn't think it was worth the money. Would definitely be better with the separate camera, but didn't fancy having to hardwire it all the way to the fuse box under the glove compartment, so just left it with front camera only.

you only wire it to the side of the camera , took me about 15 minutes to route it , the quality is excellent , I got mine off eBay , factory refurb , well happy 😃

I have no issue hard wiring and running cables as it was a job for me once, but as said on the rear screen it would get smashed off in no time during camping season and I'm not sure I want to go through the potential issue of DAB interference.

@Skull n Bones I have the 522gw so might be different.

you only wire it to the side of the camera , took me about 15 minutes to route it , the quality is excellent , I got mine off eBay , factory refurb , well happy 😃

Cheers Paul, must look into getting a refurb 👍

I have no issue hard wiring and running cables as it was a job for me once, but as said on the rear screen it would get smashed off in no time during camping season and I'm not sure I want to go through the potential issue of DAB interference.

It's the same camera that fits all series 2 models, reviews were good but I was disappointed.

Amazon product ASIN B07PV97J2Q

the DAB interference thing is weird , I have no issues yet other people with the same car have , it can only be down to how the cable is routed .....

hoe easy to remove are these?

thinking of one for a cabrio, so would want to remove and replace quite often...

10 mins to download a 3 min video using the nextbase app on my tablet today, even using BT Infinity 2 wifi on my driveway :mad:

Does anyone know if I could just put the memory card straight into my tablet and download from that, instead of using the adapter with a laptop ? Scared I may lose everything 😬

You should always put your card into a computer or a laptop to transfer the files. I don't know if any tablets have the capability to copy files in the same way as PC's.

You should always put your card into a computer or a laptop to transfer the files. I don't know if any tablets have the capability to copy files in the same way as PC's.

Just doing this now and not sure if just me or a common issue with ejecting the memory card, but as it sits deep inside the cam I used the edge of a pen to get it to eject and then watched as the card attempted to leave the earths orbit.

Might be a heads up to others trying, or just bad luck for me.

Card found and plugged into a card reader now.

Yep, it's spring loaded, lol..

Hi All, got my 522GW front and rear units with NextBase 64GB SD card. Front cam works fine, no problems at all. But the rear camera, soon as its plugged in causes the front cam to start up, record for 0.01... and lock up - and freezes until you hold the power down for 12 seconds. Tried another SD card, did the pin tool reset, reduced the resolution, but the system won't work with the rear camera plugged in. Anyone else experienced this ? Thanks all.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom