Quantcast

Nextbase 522GW

HD2k15

I am a new owner of the Nextbase 522GW with rear camera, hard wire kit plugged into a switched live and the Nextbase 32GB SD memory card. My issue is that my dashcam keeps freezing at random, when driving. The red light is no longer blinking and is stuck permanently on with the blue light and I cannot switch the camera off and nothing shows on the screen if I tap the screen, it is unresponsive. I have to use a paperclip to press the reset button, which then resets the camera and then it becomes responsive again, along with the red light blinking to show it is recording.

It is so annoying that I am now driving and having to keep an eye on the dashcam to see if it still has the red blinking light to show it is still recording and if the red and blue light are stuck on permanently, then I have had to pull over to press the reset button. What sort of dashcam is this? It is unreliable and not fit for purpose.

I am on the latest firmware and have tried stuff like reformatting the SD card etc.. Yet the dash cam is freezing at random. Why is it doing this? I shouldn’t have to worry about my dash cam randomly stopping recording as it has frozen.

Nextbase seriously need to fix this as many users are suffering the same issue! Some have even lost vital footage due to their dash cam freezing and no longer recording their journey.

Is the rear camera causing the dash camera to struggle and make it freeze? Or is it some firmware bug?

dorchesterblue

Novice Member
I've had 2 that done that but Nextbase say they do not have issues with the dashcams.......still waiting on an explanation...blame it on the SD card in use

RMCF

Distinguished Member
I got a 380gw from Santa.

Anyone know where I could pick up a NBDVR380BAT for it?

WinT

Novice Member
Just had the nextbase 522 plus rear window dash cam installed at Halfords.
Used a SanDisk SDXC UHS-1 128 gb, Class 10 card but it won’t record unless I disconnect the rear window dash cam.
Any recommendations for micro sd card besides NEXTBASE own?
Thanks.

beasty54

Distinguished Member
Just had the nextbase 522 plus rear window dash cam installed at Halfords.
Used a SanDisk SDXC UHS-1 128 gb, Class 10 card but it won’t record unless I disconnect the rear window dash cam.
Any recommendations for micro sd card besides NEXTBASE own?
Thanks.
That will be due to the card not being U3, i had the same problem once i hooked up my rear cam. I now use this... Samsung 128gb U3 SD Card - £18 and it works fine.

Paul Iddon

I got a 380gw from Santa.

Anyone know where I could pick up a NBDVR380BAT for it?
Contact Nextbase.

neonplanet40

Has anyone got any experience using this hardwired on a car that has stop/start? I am getting on installing on my Skoda Superb in 1 week or so. Some have said when stop/start kicks in, it no longer keeps the dashcam on as it thinks you are parked. However, I need the dashcam working when the ignition turns off in traffic just as much as when I am driving on the motorway.

JasonEde

Novice Member
Got a 522 fitted last weekend. How long should the internal battery last? After a decent drive it's showing as fully charged, but next time when we get in the car it's showing as flat again. I did try parking mode for a bit, but it seems to drain it's battery quite quickly,so I've turned that off. As power is only on with ignition I didn't expect it to last forever on batteries but I'd have thought would do a few hours on parking mode.

beasty54

Distinguished Member
Got a 522 fitted last weekend. How long should the internal battery last? After a decent drive it's showing as fully charged, but next time when we get in the car it's showing as flat again. I did try parking mode for a bit, but it seems to drain it's battery quite quickly,so I've turned that off. As power is only on with ignition I didn't expect it to last forever on batteries but I'd have thought would do a few hours on parking mode.
I got a 422 so it's essentially the same but i'm having the same issue. I've also hooked up the rear camera (that sits on the back window) and after 2 weeks I've come to the conclusion that it's a terrible dash cam. I won't go into specifics here but you're correct, the battery is useless, especially with the rear camera connected too. There's a LOT of problems with these cams and they're simply not worth the money.

Skull n Bones

I hard wired the 322GW myself and have had no issues yet. Using a 128GB Nextbase sd card as they advised against the Samsung due to continuous writing speed, probably just sales bull but I got it cheap enough not to worry. Picture quality is great with the polarized lenses fitted and no need for Alexa for me. Only slight issue is the battery doesn't seem to last long as always has to charge when car is idle for a day or two so just switched the parking sensor off. Great piece of kit for peace of mind on today's roads.

kingslynnfc7

Hi. I've just had my nextbase 522gw and rear cam hardwired by Halfords in my BMW 1 series. My question is I thought hardwiring meant I could use parking mode all the time, Halfords have told me that it has been wired only to when the ignition comes on and that they strongly advise against it being hardwired to a permanent feed as it 1. could drain my battery 2. could pull up errors on my cars dash board. I questioned this with nextbase customer service and the said it is fine to have it done to a permenant feed due to the hardwire kit having a voltage trip. Has anyone else had this situation?