Nextbase 522GW

jimbo3333

Novice Member
Hi Paul, I’ve recently had fitted the 522GW front dash cam at Halfords they also fitted a rear facing one, however on the journey home I noticed that I had lost all my Dab radio stations, so went back and the guy spent about another hour and half re routing the cable to the rear in various positions but could not resolve, apparently it can interfere with the dab radio signal which uses the rear screen heater (my car is a Skoda Kodiaq) in the end he gave up and refunded the money for the rear dash cam, have you heard of this before ?

Also is it normal for the dash cam screen to stay active all he time when I am driving along, I thought it should go blank but keep recording?

Cheers

Jim

Paul Iddon

Hi Jim.

It is well documented that rear dashcam cables can cause interference with DAB radios. It happened with mine when I had a duo system. The remedy is re-routing cables, but it can take a lot of time and effort to find a path with least interference.

The 522GW menu allows you to turn off the screen - navigate to the screensaver and select "Off".

Hope that helps.

Paul.

jimbo3333

Novice Member
Hi Jim.

It is well documented that rear dashcam cables can cause interference with DAB radios. It happened with mine when I had a duo system. The remedy is re-routing cables, but it can take a lot of time and effort to find a path with least interference.

The 522GW menu allows you to turn off the screen - navigate to the screensaver and select "Off".

Hope that helps.

Paul.
Thanks for your help Paul, much appreciated

Jim

Homehq

Standard Member
Hi good reviews above, I've been running the 412 for a few years and 99% ok even after falling from the screen when left in the sun. The other halfs had battery issues and got repaired but still played up so been waititng to upgrade.
In Costco I got the new 412GW for her inc 8gig card for £79 which was good.
I've just got the 522GW and cab 2nd cam from Halford for £143.
1st Issue I have is you can't change the wifi password making your recording un-secure or someone live view your camera listening to you. I need to check this out.
2nd Can't see an option to download videos onto your SD card on the phone.
I've not plugged the cab cam in yet, does that have it's own video file?

Thanks
Siddy

Paul Iddon

Hi m8.

As far as I know, the dashcam will save only to a default folder on the phone, not to a user specific one. That may come in a future update.

The 2 cams once connected will create 2 individual files on the one microSD card.

The wifi password should be secure, because the phone has to pair with a device to send, and pairing the card to the app creates a unique pairing number.

If you have any concerns about security, you can get reassurance for the ir support team at [email protected]

Paul.

Homehq

Standard Member
Cheers Paul, I've sent a mail to Nextbase to let them know nothing is wirking on the support pages no links to click and asked about the wifi.

Paul Iddon

Let me know what they say m8. :smashin:

TurboTronix

Novice Member
Just bought a 522GW, rear camera and hard wire kit here in Canada. Will see how it goes. I use a mini0906 cam in my other vehicle which I find is tiny and discreet looking. The nextbase I find might attract thieves since it looks like a camera. Also read Spotify is incompatible at the moment via Alexa, hope that will be fixed soon. As for battery, I used to have a battery powered dash cam before, they tend to run badly in cold weathers (-30 degrees Celsius and lower)...

Big glenn

Novice Member
I got the 522 on Friday 2 days old and it will not charge now tried usb when I got it but it on charge for 2 hrs but looked flat but put in to car worked ok set up a live feed in car with there kit so plug in all night use it for a test then when flat now blue light will not go on

Paul Iddon

Push a pin in the reset hole to reset the whole dashcam. If it still isn't doing what it should contact [email protected]

Big glenn

Novice Member
Push a pin in the reset hole to reset the whole dashcam. If it still isn't doing what it should contact [email protected]
Thanks done that charge it up shown full turn it on and it when flat after 2 min had to press rest every time I use it it’s no good I think I got a bad one spent a lot on it hard wire kit and back camera that fits on the side works grate till this morning