Question Nextbase 522GW problem?

Peter Vaughan

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
1) When the dash cam is fully charged and taken from the mount but left on, it only lasts for approx 20 mins before warning message to recharge appears is this normal?

2) I had it hard wired by Halfords and since it’s been fitted I get a message on my car dashboard to “check car battery” so could they have wired it in wrongly..is this possible as I’m not an auto electrician and I hate electrics.
I did notice in the box after they said it was done that they never used the piggy back part of the hardwire kit.
Any thoughts/ comments appreciated. Thanks

Take it back, you paid what £35 got the fit, it’s not right, ask them to fit to another fuse because of the problem being caused. These guys are not auto electricians, just “trained up in house “ I would imagine.
If your not one for making a fuss, either pay a professional to do the job, let’s be fair, all the cabling is done, the camera is installed, it should take. Pro about 15mins max to relocate to a better fuse.
Or take the bull by the horns and do it yourself, just needs a little courage and confidence.
Good luck.

As for the battery life, I would think 20 mins is about right. It’s not really designed to run from the battery, just for car park mode or to take a still picture after a collision out of car or to turn off when you switch the car off.

It might NOT be faulty or wired incorrectly as the permanent live kit is designed to cut out at approx 11v, this may be too low for the car cpu which might be set to trigger a low battery fault at a higher minimum voltage.
BTW 20 mins running inbuilt battery is very good.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom