Nextbase 322 - Over-sensitive G-Force Detection

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
Anyone else find this or similar models in the range over-sensitive? I have the crash detection set to minimum but it seems to activate whenever I brake. Not when braking sharply but every time. Result of this is the card filling up with protected clips, vastly reducing the available space for regular recordings.

If I switch on parking mode not only does it trigger every time I get in the car, but will also be activated by rainfall!

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
So much for the (cr)app. Firmware updated & will monitor over the next week or so. Will also be interesting to see if the app can now find the cam without having to rediscover it every time.

Looking closer I also see that the protected clips are only 30s/80MB long, so not as big an impact on overall storage as I thought.

Gadqet

Standard Member
I had exactly the same problem with my 612. I just disabled the G-Sensor, don't really see the point of it anyway. If I have an accident, the car is going to get switched off pretty soon after, so no risk of losing the footage anyway.

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
Maybe a bit early to be conclusive, but in the 250 miles or so I've done since updating the firmware, not one false trigger while driving. Just the issue of every locking/unlocking event being detected in parking mode now. Missed all the rain yesterday so will have to wait & see if that still triggers it.

oneman

I had exactly the same problem with my 612. I just disabled the G-Sensor, don't really see the point of it anyway. If I have an accident, the car is going to get switched off pretty soon after, so no risk of losing the footage anyway.
I was thinking of doing the same thing initially. I have a 64GB card in there so its enough for a few days of long driving anyway.

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom