1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Next year's True Lies SE in good hands.

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Confucius, Oct 10, 2001.

1. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Taken From DVD File's interview with Van Ling. If you're not familiar with his work he was the driving force behind such special edition DVDs as Independence Day, The Abyss, T2:UE, T(1):SE & Phantom Menace.

"VL: I'm starting on "True Lies" for Fox right now, and I'm also still doing feature film visual effects for a couple of movies, so I stay pretty busy. As for dream projects, I haven't really thought about it. I guess the Holy Grail would be the original Star Wars trilogy, but that's really not even being planned yet. When they do happen, hopefully I might have a shot at working on them. I'd like to think I have the credentials... ;-) "

Roll on the True Lies SE in '02, should be impressive.

2. tee

tee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Yeah bring this release on :D I've also heard it will be a 5-star release and will contain a DTS track - how good will that be?! Apparantly Speed is also getting the 5-star treatment......

3. GarethH

GarethH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    It had better be Anamorphic!

4. Jenz

Jenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well given the political situation we'll see it eventually.

However his involvement is not an indicator of perfection. The Phantom Menace DVD has terrible Edge Enhancement.

It will be interesting to see how good the R1 5 star eventually because the new R4 uncut version of True Lies is a stunning disc from a new HiDef Master.

Jenz.

5. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    To be fair Van has, I think, more to do with the user interface of extras etc than the transfer itself.