Next Upgrade

Paul7777x

Distinguished Member
I understand the frustration. The first time I used Dirac on a MiniDSP 2x4 it drove me to pull the hair from my bald head.

It’s easy to make errors, like thinking you’ve saved a calibration and finding you didn’t, not quite. I did that good few times.

I think I may have ran the calibration more than a dozen times in day one, just buggering about.

Dirac is doing itself no favours by not making it as intuitively easy as, say RP or ARC.

(The manipulation available is top class, much better than Room Perfect, but I don’t see why they can’t make it more foolproof for those who don’t want to faff about).

It very nearly went back. Possibly in pieces.

But once I conquered it, then the reward was hugely worth the effort.

NM20

I have run it again and whilst it didn’t seem to stick the first time, It now seems to have done.

I followed your advice and this guide:

but it has still set my speakers at +10db each?

Should I run it again, or just manage this with the master volume?

Edit:

I ran Dirac on the BD input and it seems to have stuck to that one. If I go to CD and apply it, it doesn’t stick when I go to standby?

Last edited:

dollag

I have run it again and whilst it didn’t seem to stick the first time, It now seems to have done.

I followed your advice and this guide:

but it has still set my speakers at +10db each?

Should I run it again, or just manage this with the master volume?

Edit:

I ran Dirac on the BD input and it seems to have stuck to that one. If I go to CD and apply it, it doesn’t stick when I go to standby?

Dirac does set the quietest speaker at +10db and then all other speakers relative to that.

I turn them all down the same db amount personally

NM20

Dirac does set the quietest speaker at +10db and then all other speakers relative to that.

I turn them all down the same db amount personally

Ah, and since I am running 2.0, they are both 10db. Thank you!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs of 2021, plus our favourite & memorable reviews of the year
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom