Next upgrade Atmos or 2nd Sub

Adziadam

I am looking to save up for my next upgrade and was wondering from users experience if atmos is a notable worthy upgrade before getting the 2nd sub. (basically which one should I get first) I have a Denon x4500h so multi sub isn't an issue just wondering what is a better upgrade first.

Adziadam

My setup atm is as follows:

Kef q350c front stage
Kef q650c Centre
Monitor Audio bronze fx -Surrounds
Arendal 1961 Sub 1s

For atmos would be the kef k50a for tonal matching, will be using these as heights channels and not bouncing off the ceiling.

Sub would need to match so would be another arendal.

Either path is expensive, so was wondering what would be the most beneficial to save up for.

sebna

If only your current single sub performes half decent then easily Atmos.

blacksheep99

Having gone this route recently I’d agree with the above. If you have decent performance from your sub, which I expect you have then being able to enjoy the enveloping sound of atmos would be the way I would go. For me it wasn’t specifically about the height effects which when they work can be fab, it’s more the way the sound stage is more comprehensive. 2nd sub in the future....

alex30

I am really happy with the Sub performs very well, so I guess the jump to atmos which would be 5.1.4 would be worth it first.
I think you are making the right decision. You have stated that you are happy with your sub's performance and so Atmos will give you so much more than a second sub will. In the future do think about a second sub to elevate the bass to a better level but in the mean time enjoy the extra dimension that Atmos will bring to your system.:)

Adziadam

I think you are making the right decision. You have stated that you are happy with your sub's performance and so Atmos will give you so much more than a second sub will. In the future do think about a second sub to elevate the bass to a better level but in the mean time enjoy the extra dimension that Atmos will bring to your system.:)
Thanks for all your replies excellent, hopefully black Friday will help fingers crossed.

mjbtin

2nd sub
You could always go cheaper than the kefs for atmos dont see the need to tone match atmos speakers.

Lrehcsa

How are all you guys with atmos speakers in the ceilings or high up on the walls doing the cable runs so easily. It looks like a nightmare to hide all the cabling and run it back to the AVR

Adziadam

How are all you guys with atmos speakers in the ceilings or high up on the walls doing the cable runs so easily. It looks like a nightmare to hide all the cabling and run it back to the AVR
I'm going to use a hot glue gun to run mine just under the coving and paint over when I redecorate should be well hidden then

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips TV Launch Event, Soundbar vs AVR, Samsung EzCAL and more...
Top Bottom