• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Next step in upgrading

ninhydrin

Established Member
I had an onkyo HTX HD22 5.1 which gave up the ghost, iv recently upgraded it with an onkyo NR616 and a Cambridge S80 subwoofer, next is to gradually replace the speakers. Now the question is where to start, centre or fronts?
Would probably have around £200 and was looking at maybe some Q Acoustics 2020i's, I mainly use the setup for films but music is now getting used a lot since iv upgraded.
Any suggestions?

sergiup

Distinguished Member
The 2020i are great speakers - the Concept 20 even better, but also more expensive. Alternatively, the Tannoy V4 are also supposedly great for the £249 or so they are now.
Keep in mind that you should be getting a matching centre as well.

Riyazi

Established Member
If you are watching a lot of films you are better off getting a matching set of fronts and centre as well. I would recommend the Wharfedale Diamond 10 series - a pair of 10.1s can be had for £100 from RicherSounds and you could get a 10.CC centre for less than £100 in the classifieds or other sites which would be perfect for your budget! Also the wharfedales are supposed to be a tonal match to Onkyo receivers.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom