Next State of Play - August?

zt1903

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heavily rumoured in the gaming media at the moment. Along with a discussion that Sony have held things back for this event.

Tbh, I had no doubt that there were more announcements to come, just an overview of how many studios and what they've announced shows some obvious gaps.

My personal speculation on what's still to come.
- TLOU Factions
- More than one project out of Japan Studio. I've seen elsewhere suggested that there may be 3 [led by Kouno (locoRoco, Ico) who is meant to be working on a Space RPG codenamed RaySpace, Toyama (Gravity Rush 1&2, Silent Hill, Siren) and Iijima (Knack 2)]
- Silent Hill reboot (which may be the Toyama Japan Studio game)
- Testament by Arrowhead Games
- WiLD a game that was meant to come to PS4 and disappeared, I think it's now a PS5 title
- Media Vision are believed to be working on Wild ARMs

we still need a full console reveal, GUI reveal, price reveal, plus any extra bits too

Rumour is that price, release date and preorders are going to be announced next week.

Full console teardown I would expect to be a separate Wired/Digital Foundry thing

- Testament by Arrowhead Games
I'd guess this is cross-gen, to make enough money, unless Sony are footing up for an indie PS5 launch like Res0gun was for PS4.

Is there much more known about it though? I thought all there was is the job listing ages ago, and staff wearing a t-shirt with a logo on it.

7c0fb3b654436dd4e604717361f0c3fdbe8578fc.jpeg

Really looking forwards to news about it, as Helldivers is still a great game IMO (tighter at launch, as DLC diluted the vision somewhat), and for such a small company to mash gameplay, art direction, UI etc all together so coherantly, and do cross-platform all at once was so ambitious.

I think most just want to be able to pre-order and have a price/ release date.

Im guessing August is where we will be a console walk through including the back of the console, UI and feature that haven’t been talked about yet (still holding out that there will be more BC than people think)

That would be great. I think Silent Hill will be the megaton announcement for a launch title and then another AAA for next year.

Other than that, price, release date and console walkthrough would be nice

God of War 2 seems heavily rumoured for the next event.

Also FFVII part 2.

FFVII part 2 reveal will be amazing, hope the wait isn't too long (hoping April 2021).

August 6th, 9pm.
It does not mean there is no PS5 news also happening, I am fairly certain the wait 4 something teaser for 6 August 2020 is to announce the WH-1000XM4 headphones :)

Where has that date and time come from, not seen anything by PlayStation say that?

There isn’t anything official yet.

Sony released a teaser poster for their upcoming new headphone

For some reason, gaming blogs assumed it was about the PS5 despite the unsubtle hint it is to announce the WH-1000XM4 headphones

As above, whilst possible, it is unlikely Sony would drown out publicity about their new wireless headphone with PS5 news. It is though conceivable Sony could also announce other audio kit that could be part of a PS5 ecosystem. Sony want you to go full Sony after all :D

they fooking with us, no big ps5 announcements?

Well that debunks all the rumours flying about.

No price or date to be announced!!!!

There being serious, no release date, no ps5 showcase, no pre order info, its an absolute joke

Crash Bandicoot 4 is one of the featured games according to Japanese PS Blog.

I'm waiting for State of Play November - PS5 released last week, check Argos Click and Collect for details..

Be happy to see some updates, even gameplay, from Kena, Deathloop, Ghostwire, Hitman and a few of the others shown in the previous event.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom