Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by common, Dec 5, 2002.
Any ideas when the next one is due and what it will add ?
Still crossing fingers it arrives in a week or so but that is looking unlikely as a major OS update this close to a holiday would be risky if there were problems.
A 30 minute recording buffer (TIVO style) is on the list as well as the two channel recording.
Phoned them yesterday about the 3 for 2 box office offer. They said that the software update is expected very early in the new year.
The SKY+ software was updated last night.
A few minor cosmetic changes but there is now the recording buffer (Instant Rewind) that has been mentioned.
The function is user definable, off or on (5,15,30 or 60 mins).
remind us how to manually change it....is it power off, then on while holding the button?
(1) Put box into Standby;
(2) Remove the viewing card**
(3) Press and hold the Back-up button on the Digibox (not the remote control);
(4) Whilst holding the Back-up Button, switch off the power to the box at the mains - either with the switch on the socket or by removing the plug;
(5) Count to ten slowly;
(6) Keep pressing that Back-up button and put the power back on to the box;
(7) When all four lights appear on the Digibox, release the Back-up button (if your Digibox is connected by scart, there will be a message on the screen stating an update is taking place and that it can take 10 minutes (but it can take longer);
(8) Replace the viewing card
**You can leave the card in if you want.
I noticed that if you were watching a recorded program and stopped it and then when you were watching sky and pressed play it went straight to the recorded programme. Was this always there or has this been added recently as I've not noticed it before?
Yes it's always done that
Oh well....Must pay more attention in future
Separate names with a comma.