Next Plasma Media Unit...

hornz

Novice Member
It reminds me of cross between the Lack and Malm ranges by Ikea. I guess the quality would depend on whether its solid, veneered or just a paper covering.

Gotrek

Standard Member
I wonder if you could mount a plasma on the back panel, and hide cables behind it. That would look sweet.

snellfish

Banned
Gotrek said:
I wonder if you could mount a plasma on the back panel, and hide cables behind it. That would look sweet.
Thats what im planning on doin, not sure if the weight distribution will be ok for a 42" screen (top heavy?) but it would look very smart similar to this setup...
http://www.triskom.co.uk/Product_Images/MC-100-z.jpg

Wonder if the next stand will be ok to paint a darker colour similar to the above?
looks the mutts nuts i think :smashin:

lunker

Novice Member
I would check the depth of those shelves if your planning on putting an amp on them they don't look that deep.

Otherwise next stuff is OK I would say in between Ikea and Habitat.

NWhiteley

Gotrek said:

i was thinking the same thing. It would be an expensive gamble if i ordered one and it wasnt strong enough to mount a 42" plasma

GasDad

Remembered (1964-2012)
NWhiteley said:
i was thinking the same thing. It would be an expensive gamble if i ordered one and it wasnt strong enough to mount a 42" plasma
tbh this is the only* point of view I've found strange on this forum since I've been here - you and everyone else seems to be slightly paranoid about their plasmas falling off.

They simply aren't that heavy.

In reality you could screw the (non tilting) plasma bracket to that piece of furniture (assuming it's chipboard) with a couple of 1 inch screws and it would be fine.**

Play it safe and use a few nuts a bolts - and it definetly won't move (assuming the base of the unit is securly attached)

James

* Apart from some thinking some digital interconnects having a warmer sound that others

** My pioneer is currently on a frame work made from 2x4", with the bracker screwed to the frame using 4 6mmx50mm screws.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom