Next of Kin (ITV)

I spent most of that episode wondering how they could be expecting the brother home for a surprise party when he was still an 8 hour flight away in Pakistan.

Had the brother got to the airport he would have been strapped to an ex North Korean ICBM in order to make the party. Another clanger was on the last episode, again same time line in London and Lahore but both cities bathed in sunshine, surely one would have been in darkness.

Having watched the series thus far it seems to be turning into a lot of predictable mush. OK, I get that there's only so much that you can do in a drama, but why is it nowadays that British drama is do predictable and hum drum?

Clem

Continued farce. Online BACS tranfer, really? (would have been a Faster Payment in reality). She might as well have also given it the payment reference "fake passport". She's a Doctor for fudge's sake. But then the British counter-terrorism lot are a bunch of fudgewits too.

I was amazed how good those doctors in Pakistan were as she recovered from that bullet wound really quickly.

And the pace was so slow - but not because there was any real character development, other than Archie Panjabi and Jack Davenport's husband and wife, we really weren't given the opportunity to invest in any of the family members, including Danny/Danesh, nor detectives etc.

The family did not really convince me as an Asian or Muslim family even though several of them visited Pakistan. It was pointed out to me that the murdered doctor's widow would had spent some time in mourning which did not happen.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom