Next Gen Pioneer

chelsea.tone

Distinguished Member
Coming off the success of their BD-LX70, Pioneer has announced that they will soon debut the next generation of Blu-ray players - the LX70A. The player will differ from the current model mostly with its additional audio support. The LX70A will allow for the passing of bitstream data (via HDMI v1.3) for Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio.

Pioneer expect the player to be on store shelves sometime in October. No price has been set at this time.
:smashin:

Jeff

Distinguished Member
Just in time before the 1.1 deadline. I pity the poor suckers that buy one. :(

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
Just in time before the 1.1 deadline. I pity the poor suckers that buy one. :(
Inclined to agree. Pioneer are marketing themselves as a 'revived' high end company - selling soon to be surpassed gear doesn't really fall into that category IMHO - most high end gear aims to be 'current' for a least a couple of years. This will be surpassed in 6 months at most :nono:

brian s

Distinguished Member
Coming off the success of their BD-LX70
I had a loan of this model. When it worked it was brilliant but I found it prone to lock ups and it suffered with motion defects as well. Hope the new model will put things right.

Cheers
Bri

MJeeves

Coming off the success of their BD-LX70, Pioneer has announced that they will soon debut the next generation of Blu-ray players - the LX70A. The player will differ from the current model mostly with its additional audio support. The LX70A will allow for the passing of bitstream data (via HDMI v1.3) for Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio.

Pioneer expect the player to be on store shelves sometime in October. No price has been set at this time.
:smashin:

Is the LX70 upgradeable to LX70a status?

Superwof

Krobar

Inclined to agree. Pioneer are marketing themselves as a 'revived' high end company - selling soon to be surpassed gear doesn't really fall into that category IMHO - most high end gear aims to be 'current' for a least a couple of years. This will be surpassed in 6 months at most :nono:

They have not released a true flagship product for years, I think the last one was the VSA-AX10AVI. There is all this talk of them finally re-entering the highish end with the SC-LX90 and BDP-LX90 but many Pioneer reps still deny the existence of these two models. Are Pioneer going to stay Midfi only??

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom