• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Next Firmware update for XE1???

kingfats

Distinguished Member
Any of you guys know when this can be expected?
Unit still working but not showing any on screen menus due to a power failure during update , so before I send it off , just wondered if its worth waiting for the next update.
See my previous thread about the failure:-

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=669329

Thanks in advance, Pete

Hi staffspete :)
Supposed to be soon,but there's no definite date. :(

brian s

Distinguished Member
Get the machine back to Tosh ASAP. Have they got back to you. I've found their customer services to be rubbish.

All the best
Bri

staffspete

Established Member
Get the machine back to Tosh ASAP. Have they got back to you. I've found their customer services to be rubbish.

All the best
Bri

Hi Bri,

The player has actually updated to 2.7 which is why it keeps kicking out the update disc , its just that at the point of the update that the onscreen was being done the power went off!
All discs play fine and sound is still as it should be its just that I have no onscreen if I want to change any settings!

Am hoping a new firmware install will update everything and bring the player back to how it should be!!
If this does not prove to be the case then Tosh here it comes!

sdb123

Distinguished Member
No details yet....Fingers crossed for forced '24 fps' for those that need it. The rumoured date is end Feb/beginning March.

kingfats

Distinguished Member
Hi KF

Any idea what the update will do or should I say is supposed to do?

Cheers
Bri

Hi mate :)
As sdb123 said the forced 24pfs and some HDMI handshake issues,i heard it might come as early as the beginning of Feb...................but as per usual it's just rumour. :confused:

forrestgump

Established Member
was there supposed to be a 7.1 up-date due?

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
was there supposed to be a 7.1 up-date due?
Are their any HD DVDs released or planned? Doesn't seem particularly important at this moment in time - most (all?) films don't use it and, for those with 7.1 setups, the receivers will do the work.

joeydoo

Novice Member

From babelfish translation..

1. At the time of image setting, when resolution setting "- 1080p/24Hz" being, "automatic operation" or it tried to be able to select "1080p/24Hz" in frame rate. (1080p correspondence is only HD-XA2)
2. It tried to draw up with the other equipment, to be able to play back HD DVD-R/DVD-R of AACS non correspondence.
AACS: The next generation copyright protective technology (Advances Access Content System)
3. The language cord/code became part modification. (The Indonesian language: ID and Hebrew: HE and Yiddish language: YI and the Javan language: JY)
4. Playback ability it improved.

Number one looks like an option for selecting automatic and forced 1080p24.. woohoo.
If the XA2 has it that means it's a good sign for the EP30/35 getting it soon as well.

DeKurver

Established Member
I was under the impression that Toshiba unified the XA2 and XE1 firmware since people were able to apply the XA2 v2.7 update to the XE1.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom