Next England Manager

Why, Defoe hasn't been scoring 2nd half of the season for Spurs and Crouch didn't even guarantee a place at Spurs.

Cos Rooney had more than enough chances, as did Heskey and it wasn't happening so do you change it, or let the dross carry on? I'd change it, it gives others a chance and lets poor performing players know they have to play up or lose their place. What's the incentive for Rooney when he thinks, I can play as **** as I like and I know I'll still start the next game? :confused:

Cos Rooney had more than enough chances, as did Heskey and it wasn't happening so do you change it, or let the dross carry on? I'd change it, it gives others a chance and lets poor performing players know they have to play up or lose their place. What's the incentive for Rooney when he thinks, I can play as **** as I like and I know I'll still start the next game? :confused:

Rooney wasn't going to be dropped no matter what, if anyone thinks he would of been needs there head testing. Same goes with Gerrd Lampard and terry.

why replace him ,its the whole team that needs replacing ,not one of them showed any fight ,bottle ,call it what you want ,they were taken out of there millionare premiership comfort zone ,and my god it showed,what a shower of *****,it hurts me to say that ,none of them deserve to wear an england shirt again after this campaign !!!

What, all of them, all 23 players? So Steven Gerrard didn't run his tits off for 4 games trying to make something out of a load of under performing so called international players.

I'll agree with you with the likes of Terry, a horrible man, hated one day, loved by the tabloids the next for 1 MISSED diving header & then a display when it matter that resembled a reserve conference player.

There's a lot that needs to change, agreed, the manager is one of the things after misleading us into thinking he had plan B,C & D, but we're now in the situation where only a handful of players are worth keeping on & half of them are getting too old for another world cup.

Why, Defoe hasn't been scoring 2nd half of the season for Spurs and Crouch didn't even guarantee a place at Spurs.

Crouch has got the best scoring record for England out of all of them over the last couple of years, yet when we were desperate for a goal Capello brought on Heskey who hasn't scored a goal for club or country for about 4 months. I do not understand Capello's decision making, people used to slate Ericsson for not having a plan B but Capello most definitely did not.

For me, there's only one contender at the moment .... Harry Redknapp.

He summed it up perfectly on TV today when he said " we are looking for a goal and we bring on heskey and take off Defoe ..."

I don't think anyone can capture the feelings of a nation better than harry at the moment, in my opinion.

Also, for starters we should hand Joe Hart the number 1 goalkeeper shirt and say, that's yours for 15 years son .... also bring in some of the young players rather than persisting with the has beens ..... Bring in Ashley Young, Agbonlahor, Micah Richards, Aaron Lennon, James Milner, Theo Walcott Nedum Onouha, Lee Cattermole and spend a few years bringing a team together rather than a collection of individuals.

I've seen Harry Redknapp's name being mentioned on here and what the hell has he won at club level.

Folk are on about ditching a coach that's won something like 6 serie A titles and a couple of la liga titles and a champions league for a coach who's greatest achievement is winning the FA Cup! :rolleyes:

I'm not saying that his decisions have been spot on (Heskey did do well in qualifying but to be honest he's a poor player and IMO shouldn't have gone, Rooney wasn't performing in terms of goals and should have been subbed or not started for a game etc.) but he took a squad who's players generally eased through qualifying and beat the likes of Croatia 5-1. Rooney got 9 goals in qualifying and is regarded as one of the best strikers in the world! In most of the games his movement and positioning was good and on the whole he didn't play that badly and you felt that if that goal against Slovenia had cone in then things would have been different.

As i've said many times in the past (on here and elsewhere) we do need consistency within the management and that there's simply no point in getting the 'right man' and then using him as the usual scapegoat everytime we go out of a tournament.

Personally I don't think we'll win the world cup in my lifetime and can see the whole cycle constantly repeating itself over and over again.

Last edited:
why replace him ,its the whole team that needs replacing ,not one of them showed any fight ,bottle ,call it what you want ,they were taken out of there millionare premiership comfort zone ,and my god it showed,what a shower of *****,it hurts me to say that ,none of them deserve to wear an england shirt again after this campaign !!!

Spot on! It makes NO DIFFERENCE who the manager is if the "untouchable" players know that if they play **** it's only the managers a$$ that's on the line.

Fabio Capello came into the job with outstanding credentials yet he is now seen by some as not being upto the job. But when (if) the new manager comes in atleast 50% if not more of this lot will still be there. :mad:

But you have to blame the manager for his decisions in his tactics and team selection

Over the 4 games can you tell the difference between cappello and Sven in team selection and tactics nope as DJ says no plan B C D took players that were not fit and not playing regularly and played players out of position 6 mil a year for that

All this english manager stuff makes me laugh, why? History tells you that it makes no difference. We've hade 5 english managers in the last 20 years and all but one have failed.

All this english manager stuff makes me laugh, why? History tells you that it makes no difference. We've hade 5 english managers in the last 20 years and all but one have failed.

All but 1? Am i missing something?

It's about not paying foreign donkeys 6 mil a year with no plan B again I can honestly say an English manager is what's needed if Jose was in charge of that lot then it would of been a different story

It's about not paying foreign donkeys 6 mil a year with no plan B again I can honestly say an English manager is what's needed if Jose was in charge of that lot then it would of been a different story
Blah blah blah, he is regarded as one of the top 3 bosses in the World, its his first tournament, its a learning process, even with his experience.

Stick with him i say.

Terry Venables. Euro 96. Semi-finals penalty's.

I know it was in our own country but at least he got the team playing to the best of their ability.
But thats still failure.

Blah blah blah, he is regarded as one of the top 3 bosses in the World, its his first tournament, its a learning process, even with his experience.

Stick with him i say.

Top coach yes but doesn't know his arse hole from his ear hole tell me why he should keep his job when it's clear he has failed this world cup will go down as a massive failure.
Easy group couldn't beat algeria Slovenia USA all those talented footballing sides

Here we go again, blaming the manager. I'm no football expert, but every god damn time we blame the manager. I'm sorry, but his record speaks for itself.

Forget his record he has failed massively 6 mil a year no shape no tactics picking dead legs at the back like upson playing Rooney out of position along with gerrard 4-4-2 zzzzzzzzz I am a football expert and he will be sacked tomorrow or he will resign disaster and a failure

For a man who is dead set on playing 4-4-2 he failed to pick a decent left sided player in the squad yet had Milner, Wright phillips and lennon ready to play right side.

For a man who is supposedly one of the best in the world he continually plays one of our best midfielders out of position

For a man who is supposedly one of the best he picked a striker who never scores goals and couldn't even get in his club side .....

that is the acid test for me .... if Capello couldn't get the best out of what was possibly our best group of players in a long time then why should he (an italian) get to keep the job.

**** him off and give the job to Harry Redknapp.

Forget his record he has failed massively 6 mil a year no shape no tactics picking dead legs at the back like upson playing Rooney out of position along with gerrard 4-4-2 zzzzzzzzz I am a football expert and he will be sacked tomorrow or he will resign disaster and a failure
How many times are we going to blame the manager? EVERYTIME we blame the manager. How long is it going to take for us to realise we just don't have the talent anymore, never mind the drive to win. If we don't have the talent, no manager can help us.

how many times are you going to blame the manager. Every time england get destroyed they always blame the manager or come out with some other stupid reason for why they lost. Its simple england are simply not good enough, i know its hard to accept but thats the reality. The quicker england accepts this the quicker they will sort out the real problem which is changing the youth system and concentrating heavy on the youth because frankly, england haven't got any top class player's and the world cup just proved it.

You can blame the manager

Emile Heskey
Matthew Upson
playing 4-4-2 almost to the point of being unbearable
not getting the best from Rooney
not playing Gerrard in position
daft substitutions in replacing like for like
needing a goal and putting Heskey on the pitch

need I go on?

A manager has a massive role to play in a tournament and I think that Capello did not have the confidence of the team and they did not have confidence in the system that was being played.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom