• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Next England Manager

BlindDumbdeaf

Who do you think should replace Cappello and why?

Or why should he stay?

I would go for Shearer. He has the respect of the players, would select the right players in the right positions and seems to have a grasp of the need for a modern and dynamic formation.

What do you think?

John

Shearer did a great job at Newcastle

Beetlejuice

Distinguished Member
As a Newcastle fan I think Shearer would be the wrong choice.

An England Manager with little Management experience? That would never work. I can't think of anyone I would like to see take the job at this time, so don't really care if he stays or goes.

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Roy Hodgson.

He has successfully turned Fulham into a decent team, perhaps he could do the same for England.

kopchoir

Banned
Well for 6 million a year to use the same tactics as Sven surely must resign.
I think now we are realising that we are not as good as we think we are and we can look long and hard over our domestic game now can't see where the next crop of players are coming from.
Time for an English manager now
Redknapp hodgson anyone else in line for the job

virtual22

I think now we are realising that we are not as good as we think we are and we can look long and hard over our domestic game now can't see where the next crop of players are coming from.

I'll do it Si for £100k a year :D I'd say give it to Gus Poyet but we need him at Brighton :thumbsup:

kopchoir

Banned
I'll do it Si for £100k a year :D I'd say give it to Gus Poyet but we need him at Brighton :thumbsup:

If we would of lost In that manner 4 years ago I would of been devoed I'm not happy but not as bad now that I realised a long time ago that we are rubbish.
Instead of boozing and drowning my sorrows went for a game of footy for an hour and a half on the park

Redknapp please

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member

How about giving the current england manager all your support and backing, even if you dont want him there - like with your next club manager :)

Munkey Boy

Distinguished Member
I'm not sure there's an obvious replacement, and so he should stay. Unless he's stupid, he will have learnt a hell of a lot about the player's mentality from the four performances and is the best candidate to deal with it.

domtheone

Distinguished Member

Some peeps have realised that for a long time.

We are poor. We've been poor for years.

Our premier worldwide domestic league excels at the mercy of our national team.

You only have to see how many English players the top 4 premiership teams field.

Cannot have it both ways, imo.

hopeless

Alan Curbishley or Martin O' Neal.

Look what happened to Charlton Athletic when Curbishley resigned. For me he is the man England need.

Wez68

Distinguished Member
why replace him ,its the whole team that needs replacing ,not one of them showed any fight ,bottle ,call it what you want ,they were taken out of there millionare premiership comfort zone ,and my god it showed,what a shower of *****,it hurts me to say that ,none of them deserve to wear an england shirt again after this campaign !!!

Last edited:

kopchoir

Banned
How about giving the current england manager all your support and backing, even if you dont want him there - like with your next club manager :)

Because he gets paid 6 million a year to play the same tactics as Sven it's ok for him shouting on the touchline showing some passion but when he puts the wrong players on the pitch in the wrong positions he should go.
The players don't get a reprieve either but the buck stops with the manager does anyone think maradonna is a good manager NO he plays messi in the same position he does for barca and plays tevez higuain in their favoured positions
Scrapped out the easiest group and failed hugely in the next round not good enough

Can we have our 6 mil back please

virtual22

Because he gets paid 6 million a year to play the same tactics as Sven it's ok for him shouting on the touchline showing some passion but when he puts the wrong players on the pitch in the wrong positions he should go.
The players don't get a reprieve either but the buck stops with the manager does anyone think maradonna is a good manager NO he plays messi in the same position he does for barca and plays tevez higuain in their favoured positions
Scrapped out the easiest group and failed hugely in the next round not good enough

Can we have our 6 mil back please

Agree totally mate, but I'd also like to see someone with the balls to have a player clear out as well. The "golden generation" is the lost generation and it's time they went.

kopchoir

Banned
Peter crouch is no messi but his international scoring record is far better than Defoe and Heskey put together and still he goes for ivanhoe coming on the pitch when you need goals beggars belief really does:thumbsup:

thfccambs

Banned
Redknapp please

Why whats he ever done? :confused:

Wasn't you one of many others saying he's only ever done things with
untold millions to play with? :confused:

Anyway sure Spurs have him tied in with a 8m£ buy out clause.

Last edited:

kopchoir

Banned
Why whats he ever done? :confused:

It's the way he plays the game Sven mclaren and now cappello he reminds me of bobby robson he has balls puts an arm round a player and plays to our strenghs

thfccambs

Banned
Anyway who in there right mind would want the job?
What young talent do we have coming through?
Out need to go the likes of

James
Terry
Upson
Ferdinand
King
Gerrard
Lampard
Barry
Heskey
SWP
J.Cole

who does it leave us? Would anyone in the right mind want the job? :nono:

kalakola

imo, it don't matter which manager england have, they'll still get distroyed. Just look at englands track record, it speaks for itself. But never the less, i think england should stay close to home and stick with an english manager.

Del Boy Smiffy

Distinguished Member
Anyway who in there right mind would want the job?
What young talent do we have coming through?
Out need to go the likes of

James
Terry
Upson
Ferdinand
King
Gerrard
Lampard
Barry
Heskey
SWP
J.Cole

who does it leave us? Would anyone in the right mind want the job? :nono:

Did we not win the U17 champs? Also U21's got to last final(battered by Germany mind).

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom