Next Die Hard Movie

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
The next Die Hard Movie is titled 'Live Free or Die Hard'

The fourth installment of Bruce Willis' "Die Hard" action series will hit theaters on June 29 , distributor 20th Century Fox said Wednesday.

"Live Free or Die Hard" is scheduled to begin production next month. Len Wiseman (the "Underworld" movies) is directing. At one point, the film was titled "Die Hard 4.0."

The story centers on an attack on America's computer infrastructure that begins to shut the country down. The mysterious figure behind the scheme has figured out every digital angle but never counts on Willis' old-fashioned, "analog" character, John McClane.

The three "Die Hard" films, released in 1988, 1990 and 1995, have earned $740 million worldwide and influenced a generation of action filmmaking. The franchise also made then-TV actor Willis into a bona fide film star.

At this stage, the new film's main rival on June 29 will be Pixar-produced cartoon Ratatouille and, Transformers the movie.

I was initially looking forward to this but now i'm not too sure , i'm not too thrilled at the choice of len wiseman , quiet enjoyed the underworld films but i was kinda hoping for John McTiernan as in my opinion he has made the best two die hard movies , i understand he has had some legal issues of late ( like almost being sent to jail for a very long time) but i'm sure i read somewhere thats all been cleared up (could be wrong) Secondly there is now the news that justin long is gonna be in it i who may or may not play mcclanes son...... a slight improvement from justin trouser snake ,but only just !!!! (does it have to be an actor called justin?) thirdly the title , 'Live Free or Die Hard'......... pure pish , Die Hard 4.0 would have been better ...... and don't get me started on the plot "The story centers on an attack on America's computer infrastructure that begins to shut the country down. The mysterious figure behind the scheme has figured out every digital angle but never counts on Willis' old-fashioned, "analog" character, John McClane"

not looking good imho :suicide:

As long as the final installment is a well made ADULT based action movie I'll be happy & not some PG13 watered down version:)

the plot may be iffy but LW will do a solid job as the Underworld films have proven he can make quality action with a decent story

pags payback said:
As long as the final installment is a well made ADULT based action movie I'll be happy & not some PG13 watered down version
I hope it is made for ADULT viewing as oppposed to a PG13 or 12 cert.

Live Free or Die Hard does sound pretty naff though.

inzaman said:
I hope it is made for ADULT viewing as oppposed to a PG13 or 12 cert.

Live Free or Die Hard does sound pretty naff though.

if it's not R rated or borderline 15-18 here I doubt I'll bother with it

couldn't agree more , i'm getting so fed up with the lack of decent adult action movies these days. thing like aliens vs predator for example :suicide:

pags payback said:
if it's not R rated or borderline 15-18 here I doubt I'll bother with it
Me neither.

BIGRED said:
i'm getting so fed up with the lack of decent adult action movies these days
Same here.

Its quite ironic this thread i actually watched Die Hard 3 last night, which i havent seen for ages, forgot how good it was :thumbsup:

Totally agree. Die Hard 3 was very much a watered down version. I want 18 cert please Bruce.

We definitely need more 18cert action films.

inzaman said:
Me neither.

Same here.

Its quite ironic this thread i actually watched Die Hard 3 last night, which i havent seen for ages, forgot how good it was :thumbsup:

I've also been watching the Die Hards, for the first time would you believe!. Watched the second one today so i'll watch the third tomorrow, shame the twinky loving cop isn't in the third one :(

I think Sin city was the last proper adult action film I saw, although Bad Boys 2 had some decent moments in to be included into that genre.

Im not gonna judge this move until I get more details. I think the first one was great, still holds up today, the 2nd not so good plot wise but still enjoyable and the third had the amazing chemistry with Sam(We got mutha ****ing snakes)Jackson, but the bad guy was ****.

But even Bad Boys 2 was a watered down version. 15 cert wasn't it? BB1 was a million times better.

kiss kiss bang bang got it right, with its black comedy and action.

raigraphixs said:
kiss kiss bang bang got it right, with its black comedy and action.

Yeah, I've heard. Gotta check this movie out!

bash said:
Yeah, I've heard. Gotta check this movie out!

same here

I think Sin city was the last proper adult action film I saw, although Bad Boys 2 had some decent moments in to be included into that genre.

hmmm Sin City didn't do it for me. :( I was expecting something much better. I felt the action wasn't great & i would assume it was made on quite a low budget since most was shot on green screens, I suspect most of the budget went on the cast & stylistic look.

GregHook said:
Totally agree. Die Hard 3 was very much a watered down version. I want 18 cert please Bruce.

We definitely need more 18cert action films.

The UK version was quite cut up.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom